20 Best Baby Car Seats in 2019 – QP Ratings and Reviews13.06.2019
Each year, the leading manufacturers of child car seats delight customers with new models. They try to follow modern trends: improve design, introduce new systems of comfort and safety. Seats are becoming easier to use, more comfortable and accessible to any family. Despite this, long-lived models remain on the market – time-tested child car seats. They easily compete with new products and are still very popular. We decided to make a list of the best baby car seats in 2019. Based on the impressions of the children, the feedback from the parents and our own professional experience, we tried to find out the secret of the success of the models that were the best this year.
Chicco Fit2 Infant & Toddler Car Seat
- 2-Stage base converts from Infant Position to Toddler Position, making it easy to stay rear-facing for the first 2 years
- Provides more upright, spacious seating with adjustability and extended leg room for toddlers 9-24 months - without taking up extra space in the vehicle
- Easiest to install with Recline Sure levelling foot, Ride Right bubble levels, and Super Cinch LATCH tightened
- Compatible with Chicco strollers for travel system use (sold separately). Care and Maintenance- Fabrics may be spot-cleaned with mild soap and water, or machine washed in cold water on delicate cycle using mild detergent. Attach hook and loop parts together before washing. Hang to dry. DO NOT BLEACH. To clean harness, sponge clean using warm water and mild soap; air dry. Do not machine wash harness
- From the makers of the #1-rated Key Fit Infant Car Seat
The Chicco Fit2 Infant & Toddler Car Seat is a first-of-its-kind rear-facing car seat designed with two unique positions to accommodate infants and toddlers, making it easy to stay rear-facing for the first two years. A built in stage-position lever lifts easily to convert the car seat base from Stage 1 to Stage 2 with one motion, creating extended leg room and more upright, spacious seating for growing toddlers.
In Stage 1, the Fit2 functions like a traditional rear-facing infant car seat, offering more reclined seating with removable head and body support to accommodate newborns and smaller infants from birth to 12 months. In Stage 2, the Fit2 easily transitions into a rear-facing toddler car seat, offering a more mature seating position for toddlers from 9 to 24 months – without taking up extra space in the vehicle! A 7-position headrest and padded no-rethread harness provide adjustability to accommodate growth throughout both stages.
From the makers of the #1-rated KeyFit, the Fit2 is designed with smart functionality that makes it the easiest to install simply, accurately, and securely, every time. The base features a one-hand-operated ReclineSure leveling foot and two RideRight bubble level-indicators to achieve and verify proper angle in the vehicle seat. Premium LATCH connectors and a force-multiplying SuperCinch tightener help achieve a secure fit with a fraction of the effort! Plus, an integrated stabilizer bar increases surface contact between the base and vehicle seat, providing added support and leverage for a secure install. The base is also designed with easy belt routing and integrated lock-offs for alternate installation with the vehicle seat belt. An enclosed underside helps protect vehicle seats from damage.
The Fit2 features easy one-hand adjustment for the carry handle, harness tightener, and headrest. The Fit2 is also designed for travel system use with Chicco strollers, offering extended click-in carrier functionality with a reassuring audible click and one-hand release.
Made in Italy with premium Italian fabrics that are both comfortable and sophisticated, the Fit2 has a chic, modern aesthetic for fashion-forward parents. The seat pad is removable, machine-washable, and lined with dual-density foam cushioning for added comfort. The canopy is also adjustable and removable. For improved impact protection, the carrier shell is lined with EPS energy-absorbing foam.
For use from 4-35 lbs in Stage 1/Infant Position, from 15-35 lbs in Stage 2/Toddler Position, and up to 35".
Britax Boulevard ClickTight Convertible Car Seat
- Easy installation: Patented ClickTight makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt
- No rethreading, ever: Quick-adjust 14-position harness with Click & Safe Snug Indicator gives a click sound when the harness is tight
- Adjust accurately: Harness indicator gives an audible click when you've pulled to the proper tightness
- Surrounded in safety: 2 layers of side impact protection, steel frame and impact absorbing base
- Fits: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds and forward-facing 20-65 pounds; Dimensions: 23L x 18.5W x 23.5H
The Boulevard ClickTight convertible car seat has the patented ClickTight Installation System, an extra layer of side impact protection, Click & Safe Snug Harness Indicator, and SafeCell Impact Protection for peace of mind while you're on the go with your child. Car seat installation is easy as buckling a seatbelt thanks to the ClickTight Installation System. In the Boulevard Car Seat you are surrounded in safety.
This convertible car seat features the patented Britax SafeCell Impact Protection system which includes a steel frame, energy-absorbing base, V-shaped tether to minimize seat rotation and staged-release stitches that slow and reduce forward movement in the event of a crash. Britax designed the Boulevard ClickTight Car Seat with 2 strong layers of side energy absorption; a deep foam-lined shell and head protection will shield your child from side impacts.
Plush foam padding and fabric, along with 7 recline positions ensures premium comfort for your child. The 14-position easy-adjust harness grows along with your child and you can change the height of the seat with just the push of a button - no rethreading necessary.
Have peace of mind knowing your child's harness is within range of proper tightness. With the sound of a click thanks to the Click & Safe Snug Harness Indicator you will know it’s correctly adjusted. The Boulevard car seat can be used rear-facing 5-40 pounds and forward-facing 20-65 pounds, child standing height 49” or less. 14-Position harness slot heights 8.35” to 19.4”. FAA approved. Seat Area Depth / Width: 10.5 / 11.5 inches
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that all infants and toddlers should ride in a Rear-Facing Car Seat until they are 2 years of age or until they reach the highest weight or height allowed by their car seat manufacturer. We and BRITAX strongly recommends that children ride rear facing to the highest weight or height specified.
Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- BUILT TO GROW: The 3-in-1 car seat built to GROW for extended use through 3 stages: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds, Forward-facing 22-65 pounds, and Belt-positioning booster 40-100 pounds
- SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION: The Grow and Go's side impact protection helps keep your child safe
- EASY IN, EASY OUT: Harness holders keep the harness in an open position so it's easy to get your child in and out of the seat. Rear facing height is 19-40 inches. Forward facing height is 29-52 inches
- QUICKFIT HARNESS: With the QuickFit Harness you can easily adjust both the harness and headrest in one simple step
- WASH AND DRY: Machine washable and dryer safe seat pad features snaps that make it simple to take off of the seat; no fuss for truly easy cleaning
Get the car seat that's built to grow! From your first ride together coming home from the hospital to soccer day car pools, the 3-in-1 Grow and Go Car Seat will give your child a safer and more comfortable ride. Featuring extended use at each stage, this convertible car seat is designed to last through all your firsts with your child.
For newborns to growing toddlers, the Grow and Go can be used in the rear-facing position from 5-40 pounds. It includes two comfortable grow-with-baby pillows to give your new travel companion a snug fit, and they easily remove as your baby outgrows them.
In forward-facing mode, the Grow and Go keeps your child protected in a harness up to 65 pounds. In both rear-facing and forward-facing mode, harness holders keep the harness in an open position. This makes it easier for you to get your child in and out of the car seat. No more fishing for the harness and clips from behind your child – they’re right there when you need them. The QuickFit™ Harness offers additional convenience in both of these stages by letting you adjust the height of both the headrest and harness in one easy step, making it simple to give your growing child the best fit.
When your child is ready to use the vehicle seat belts, remove the harness to use the Grow and Go 3-in-1 Car Seat in belt-positioning booster mode: up to 100 pounds. The headrest still adjusts easily, letting you get the best fit for your child.
As your tiny baby grows into a big kid, messes are bound to happen, but the Grow and Go car seat pad makes cleanup easy. Machine washable and dryer safe, it is also designed to come off the seat easily, with no need to remove the harness. The Grow and Go is designed to provide more comfort to parents too. It takes up less room when placed rear-facing, giving up to 7 inches more leg room for parents in the front seat.
Evenflo LiteMax 35 Infant Car Seat
- EVENFLO LIGHTWEIGHT CAR SEAT: The Evenflo LiteMax 35 Infant Car Seat is an easy-to-install and professionally designed infant carrier. It has been engineered and tested to meet or exceed all federal safety standards.
- EASY TO INSTALL: The LiteMax 35 Infant Car Seat is built with a simple-to-install base with a 2-step vehicle belt lock-off, allowing for secure and fast installation. It also offers 4 reclining options to optimize comfort.
- VERSATILE & CONVENIENT: Our new baby car seat includes a stay-in-car convenience base that makes things simple for parents. It's a rear-facing infant car seat that fits newborns and babies from 4 to 35 pounds and 17 to 32 inches tall.
- PARENT-FRIENDLY FEATURES: Evenflo's baby seats include buckle pockets that tuck buckle tongues away for easier to load and unload, removable body and head pillows for improved comfort, machine-washable pads for simple cleanup and more.
- TRUSTED FOR NEARLY 100 YEARS: Evenflo has been a trusted source of quality-built child-safety systems for almost 100 years. The real-life design of each of our products has been engineered for everyday use.
Evenflo continues to build on 100-year tradition of designing superior child-safety systems built to last with our LiteMax 35 Infant Car Seat. The LiteMax 35 baby seat is an easy-to-install and carry, remarkably lightweight infant carrier with seat that is durable and designed with multiple handy features. This rear-facing infant car seat fits newborns and babies from 4 to 35 pounds that measure 17 to 32 inches tall. It includes a stay-in-car convenience base that makes things easy for parents or other grownups when transporting newborn babies or infants. This child’s car seat is made from high-quality materials and assembled with precision-manufacturing standards. It has also been tested at twice the federal crash test standard.
Evenflo develops each of child-safety products with the valuable input of parents looking for practical solutions to keep their babies safe. The Evenflo LiteMax 35 Infant Car Seat was engineered with an easy-to-install base that is equipped with a one-step vehicle belt lock-off for a secure and quick installation. This feature allows the car seat to remain safely secured yet makes it easy to remove, too. The base also offers 4 reclining options to optimize comfort. This newborn car seat features buckle pockets that neatly tuck buckle tongues away for improved loading and unloading, a full-coverage canopy to protect children from the elements, machine-washable pads for easier cleanup, and removable head and body pillows to keep baby more comfortable.
For almost a century, Evenflo has been a leader in safety, innovation, and education. Evenflo has been a trusted source of precision-manufactured, high-quality children products that are engineered for real-life situations. Additionally, all Evenflo car seats and strollers include ParentLink customer-service perks like real-time chat and free live video installation support.
Safety 1st Continuum 3-in-1 Car Seat
- Extended Use 3-in-1 Car Seat: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds, Forward-facing harness 22-50 pounds, and Belt-positioning 40-80 pounds
- Side Impact Protection
- Harness holders: with the harness held back, it's easy to get your child in and out of the seat
- Grow-with-baby pillow for a comfortable ride
- Quick Fit Harness for easy adjustment of both harness and headrest in one simple step
From baby to big kid the Continuum 3-in-1 car seat is there for your family through three different stages from 5-80 pounds. This adaptable car seat can be used in the rear-facing position from 5-40 pounds, and includes a comfy grow-with-baby pillow to give a smaller baby a snug fit. The pillow easily removes when no longer needed. Once in forward-facing mode, the Continuum keeps your child safer in the harness up to 50 pounds. When your child is ready to transition to vehicle seat belts, simply remove the harness to use the Continuum 3-in-1 Car Seat in belt-positioning booster mode all the way up to 80 pounds. In both rear-facing and forward-facing mode, harness holders keep the harness in an open position. This makes it easier for you to get your child in and out of the car seat. No more fishing for the harness and clips from behind your child - they're right there when you need them.
The Quick Fit Harness offers additional convenience in both of these stages by letting you adjust the height of both the headrest and harness in one quick and easy step, making it simple to give your growing child the best fit. In booster mode, the headrest still adjusts easily on its own so that you can continue to get the best fit for your child. The Continuum is simple to clean with a machine washable and dryer safe cover that removes easily from the seat. The pad attaches to the seat with snaps so there's no need to remove the harness or disassemble the car seat. Just unsnap and lift the pad away to put it in the machine. The cup holder is also designed to be easy to clean. Just twist it out and put it into the dishwasher to get rid of the goopy buildup that ends up in every kid's cup holder. The Continuum is designed to provide more comfort to you and your other adult passengers too. It takes up less room when placed rear-facing, giving up to 7 inches more leg room for grownups in the front seat.
Chicco KeyFit 30 Zip Infant Car Seat
- #1-rated infant car seat in America
- Easiest to install with ReclineSure leveling foot, Ride Right bubble levels, and Super Cinch LATCH tightener
- Removable newborn head and body support with reversible knit/mesh fabrics
- Premium zipper accents; quick-remove seat pad for easy machine washing
- Compatible with Chicco strollers for travel system use
The #1-rated Chicco KeyFit 30 Zip Infant Car Seat is engineered with innovative features that make it the easiest infant car seat to install simply, accurately, and securely every time. It also features stylish zipper accents and a quick-remove seat pad for machine washing.
The KeyFit 30 Zip's stay-in-car base has a ReclineSure leveling foot and two Ride Right bubble level-indicators to help achieve and verify proper angle in the vehicle seat. The base is also equipped with premium LATCH connectors and a Super Cinch tightener for a secure fit with a fraction of the effort. For alternate installation with the vehicle seat belt, clear belt routing and integrated lock-offs make it easy to position, tighten and lock the belt into place. A smooth underside helps protect vehicle seats from damage.
To accommodate newborns, the car seat carrier includes removable head and body support with reversible knit/mesh fabrics for all-season comfort. A five-point harness with one-pull tightening helps keep baby secure, and the carrier shell is lined with EPS energy-absorbing foam for improved impact protection. For comfortable shade from the sun, the KeyFit 30 Zip features a large zip-off canopy with a zip-on visor. A stylish zip-around boot creates a cozy environment.
The KeyFit 30 Zip is designed for travel system use with compatible strollers from Chicco. The carrier secures easily to the base and strollers with a reassuring audible click. A two-position carry-handle and one-hand release make it just as easy to remove.
For use from 4-30 lbs and up to 30".
Safety 1st MultiFit EX Air 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- The seat that adapts for multiple ages and stages: Rear-facing baby 4-22 pounds, Rear-facing toddler 15-50 pounds, Forward-facing in harness 22-65 pounds, and Belt-positioning booster 40-100 pounds
- Air Protect Side Impact Protection for superior protection around the head
- Harness holders: with the harness held back the straps won't get stuck under your child, making it easy to get in and out of the seat
- 3 body insert pillows give a snug ride to smaller babies
- QuickFit Harness for easy adjustment of both harness and headrest in one simple step
The Safety 1st MultiFit EX Air 4-in-1 Car Seat is the convertible car seat designed to adapt and keep your growing child safer and more comfortable through multiple ages and stages: From birth to 10 years old! Through all these stages, your child will benefit from the superior protection of Air Protect. This patented cushioning system provides immediate crash protection with our most advanced side impact energy management system available. The MultiFit EX Air is also extensively tested to ensure it exceeds federal safety standards. The MultiFit EX Air includes three comfortable grow-with-baby pillows for use in the rear-facing position from 4-22 pounds. The three different pillows make it a great seat for newborns. Parents can easily customize the car seat to give their baby a perfectly snug ride. This convertible car seat is great for rear-facing toddlers too. Removing the pillows lets your child ride for longer in the rear-facing position: up to 50 pounds.
In the rear-facing mode, it also gives up to 7 inches of more leg room for people riding in the front seat. In forward-facing mode, the MultiFit EX Air keeps your child protected in a 5-point harness up to 65 pounds. In both rear-facing and forward-facing mode, handy harness holders keep the harness in an open position. This makes it easier for you to get your child in and out of the car seat. The QuickFit Harness offers additional convenience in both of these stages by letting you adjust the height of both the headrest and harness in one easy step, making it simple to give your growing child the best fit. When your child outgrows the forward-facing harnessed mode, simply remove the harness to use the MultiFit 4-in-1 Car Seat in belt-positioning booster mode. The headrest still adjusts easily, letting you ensure that your child gets the best fit all the way up to 100 pounds. Machine washable and dryer safe, it is designed with snaps that allow it to come off the seat without removing the harness.
Baby Jogger City Go Infant Car Seat and Base
- Lightweight - Weighs only 10.2 lbs (without base)
- Taxi-Safe Belt Path - The taxi-safe belt path allows quick, easy, and safe installation without a base in taxis or rental cars. This European style install allows you to thread a vehicle seat belt around your car seat, for a secure install without the base.
- Multiple Installation Options - The City GO car seat base provides two quick, simple, and secure installation options. Push button LATCH provides an easy LATCH install, and integrated belt lock-off allows for an easy seat belt installation.
- Easy Install Base - The City GO car seat base gives you the proper tools for a level install. The base is adjustable to 6 positions, to make it easy to achieve a level install in different vehicles. Easy to see, bubble level indicators are located on each side of the base so you can be confident youï¿½ve received a level install.
- Create your Own Travel System - The City GO infant car seat can easily, safely, and securely attach to your favorite Baby Jogger stroller to create a travel system. Simply attach the car seat adapters (sold separately) onto your stroller, and you're travel system ready. Now you can travel with baby from day 1!
The City Go infant car seat provides a safe spot for baby to join in on your adventures from day one! It securely attaches to your favorite Baby Jogger stroller to create a travel system and can quickly go from city street to taxi, without a car seat base, thanks to the taxi-safe belt path. Protects infants rear-facing from 4 to 35 lb and up to 32". Car seat adapters and extra bases sold separately. Create your Own Travel System -The City GO infant car seat can easily, safely, and securely attach to your favorite Baby Jogger stroller to create a travel system. Simply attach the car seat adapters (sold separately) onto your stroller, and you're travel system ready. Now you can travel with baby from day 1! Taxi-Safe Belt Path -The taxi-safe belt path allows quick, easy, and safe installation without a base in taxis or rental cars. This European style install allows you to thread a vehicle seat belt around your car seat, for a secure install without the base. The City GO car seat base provides two quick, simple, and secure installation options. Push button LATCH provides an easy LATCH install, and integrated belt lock-off allows for an easy seat belt installation. Easy Install Base The City GO car seat base gives you the proper tools for a level install. The base is adjustable to 6 positions, to make it easy to achieve a level install in different vehicles. Easy to see, bubble level indicators are located on each side of the base so you can be confident youï¿½ve received a level install. Safety Designed for peace of mind. The City GO infant car seat is engineered & crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213 and has been side impact tested. EPS, energy absorbing foam provides effective impact energy management. The seat is also equipped with a 5-point harness system.
Evenflo Symphony LX Convertible Car Seat
- This All-In-One Convertible Car Seat fitting children from 5-110 pounds is the only car seat you'll ever need providing rear-facing, forward facing and booster capabilities
- The Symphony LX helps protect rear facing infants from 5-40 pounds, forward facing toddlers from 22-65 pounds and high back booster mode supports children 40-110 pounds
- Quick Connector LATCH system safely attaches and detaches to car with one hand, making movement between multiple cars easy;Evenflo Temperature Testing
- The 5-point Infinite Slide harness easily slides to adjust for an accurate fit every time which means easy in and out for your child
- Evenflo's proprietary e3 Side Impact Protection significantly reduces side impact crash forces up to 50% through 3 layers of expanded zone protection
The Symphony LX All-In-One Convertible Car Seat holds a rear-facing infant from 5-40 lbs. (height: 19-40 inches), forward facing toddlers from 22-40 lbs. (height: 28-50 inches), and accommodates children in its booster mode from 40-110 lbs. (height: 44-57 inches). Simply put, it's the only car seat you will ever need! This top rated car seat meets or exceeds all applicable Federal Safety Standards providing superior protection, and features Evenflo's proprietary e3 Side Impact Protection that significantly reduces side impact crash forces through advanced energy absorption and an expanded zone of protection. The Symphony LX features our 5-point Infinite Slide Harness that allows for an accurate fit every time. No constant fiddling with the harness as the child grows. With exclusive Quick Connector Latch System, this car seat can be installed safely and swiftly, which makes it great for moving between multiple vehicles. Other features include: energy absorbing foam liner, 1-hand adjustable headrest, removable head and body pillow for additional comfort and support, up-front multi-position recline for child's comfort while asleep or awake, easy-off, machine-washable car seat pad, integrated cup holder for easy access to drinks. The Evenflo Symphony LX All-In-One Convertible Car Seat for infants, toddlers and children is designed, engineered, tested, molded and assembled in the United States. For almost a century, Evenflo has been a leader in safety, innovation and education. The Evenflo Symphony LX adheres to that mission in providing a convertible car seat that combines safety, comfort and ease for the ultimate luxury in child restraints.
UPPAbaby MESA Infant Car Seat
- NEW! 2018 MESA Infant Car Seat. The infant car seat dimensions are 25.8 x 17 x 23 inches
- FIRST AND ONLY car seat to pass federal safety standards without the use of fire retardant chemicals.
- SMART Secure system installs in seconds
- Adjustable no-rethread headrest with integrated Side Impact Protection
- Attaches to VISTA and CRUZ strollers without adapters
The MESA is designed with intuitive innovations you can see and features that remove the guesswork Its SMART Secure System combines auto-retracting LATCH connectors and a visual indicator that turns from red to green, providing an installation that is both simple and accurate Front adjust no-rethread harness with integrated side impact protection as well as a one-handed release from both the VISTA and the CRUZ deliver a seat that effectively pairs safety with simplicity The MESA Jordan fashion is the first and only car seat on the market that passes FMVSS 302 and FMVSS 213 without the application of chemical fire retardants The MESA Jordan soft goods are constructed of a wool blend material bonded to foam Wool naturally resists flaming and is comfortable in both warm and cool climates Product Features: (Full List) CARRIER Lighter carrier weighing in at under 10 lbs. Included infant insert, wedge and low harness position recommended for preemies and smaller newborns 4-8 lbs. Adjustable headrest with integrated Side Impact Protection No-rethread harness that adjusts with headrest Carry handle with stroller release button Storage pockets for harness buckles 2 crotch buckle positions Easily removable and washable seat fabric SPF hideaway canopy Attaches to VISTA and CRUZ strollers without adapters Attaches to NEW MINU stroller with adapters BASE SMART Secure system installs in seconds Red-to-green tightness indicator Built-in lock-off for secure seatbelt installation Dual-sided level indicators Streamlined, low-proﬁle base with ﬁnished bottom 4-position adjustable foot for easy leveling. Suitable for infants 4–35 Pounds and up to 32 Inches in height.
Graco 4Ever DLX 4-in-1 Car Seat
- 4-in-1 car seat gives you 10 years of use: seamlessly transforms from rear-facing harness car seat (4-40 lb), to forward-facing harness car seat (22-65 lb), to highback belt-positioning booster (40-100 lb), to backless belt-positioning booster (40-120 lb)
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered helps to protect your little one in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes.
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of your harness and headrest to 10 positions in one motion to ensure that your child is always properly secured
- 6-position recline helps keep your growing child comfy on your many journeys together
- The Graco exclusive InRight LATCH attachment provides an easy, one-second attachment with an audible click to help ensure secure installation
Graco 4Ever DLX 4-in-1 Car Seat gives you 10 years of use with 1 car seat, now upgraded with 3 additional features! The best-selling 4Ever you know and love now features a RapidRemove cover, an integrated belt lock-off for easy installation and rubberized Fuss Free harness storage for extra accessibility. It is comfortable for your child and convenient for you as it transitions from a rear-facing harness (4-40 lb) to forward-facing harness (22-65 lb) to highback belt-positioning booster (40-100 lb) to backless belt-positioning booster (40-120 lb). The Simply Safe Adjust Harness System and 10-position headrest lets you adjust the harness and headrest together with no rethreading. The 6-position recline keeps your child comfortable, while the InRight LATCH system makes installation easy. It's the only car seat you'll ever need!
Children are safer riding rear-facing and should ride rear-facing as long as possible, until they reach the maximum rear-facing height or weight rating for their car seat. Then children should ride forward-facing, using the built-in harness system for as long as possible until they reach the maximum forward-facing weight or height for their car seat. At that point, children should ride in a belt-positioning booster seat. A booster is no longer needed once the vehicle seat belt fits properly, typically when they reach 4 feet 9 inches tall and are between ages 8-12. Be sure to check your local and state laws, as well as AAP and NHTSA recommendations, for car seat usage.
Chicco NextFit Zip Convertible Car Seat
- Zip-off padding is soft and machine washable for comfort and convenience
- Remarkably easy installation with a 9-position ReclineSure leveling system, SuperCinch LATCH Tightener and LockSure seat belt tightening system
- Superior DuoGuard protection with a deep rigid shell and EPS energy-absorbing foam, plus a steel-reinforced frame
- Accommodates growing children with a removable newborn positioner, no-rethread harness, 9-position headrest, and easy transition from rear-facing to forward-facing
- Includes dishwasher-safe, space-saving CupFolder
The #1-rated Chicco NextFit Zip Convertible Car Seat is engineered to surround your little one in comfort and safety, starting from day one all the way to preschool and beyond. Reassuringly easy installation and user-friendly touchpoints simplify travel and everyday life, making it easier for families to go and grow together. The NextFit Zip accommodates infants and growing toddlers in rear-facing position then transitions smoothly to forward-facing position for older children. A removable newborn positioner provides a proper fit from 5-11 pounds, and a nine-position headrest and padded, no-rethread harness comfortably accommodate growth from 5-65 pounds. The NextFit Zip is designed to deliver the confidence of a secure install with remarkably simple leveling and tightening. A SuperCinch force-multiplying tightener and LockSure belt-tightening system make it easy to achieve a tight fit with LATCH or with the vehicle seat belt. The NextFit Zip also transitions smoothly from vehicle to vehicle and between modes thanks to premium LATCH connectors with click-on attachment and push-button release, plus a built-in slide path to re-position the LATCH strap for forward-facing mode. DuoGuard provides two layers of side-impact protection with a deep rigid shell and EPS energy-absorbing foam. The seat shell is also reinforced with a steel frame. For convenient machine washing, the NextFit Zip features a zip-off seat pad. For use from 5-40 lbs in rear-facing mode, from 22-65 lbs in forward-facing mode, and up to 49".
Evenflo Chase Harnessed Booster
- This 2-in-1 Combination Booster Car Seat fitting children from 22-110 lbs. converts from a 5-point harnessed to belt-positioning car seat allowing for extended use for your child
- The Chase LX Combination Booster Car seat helps protect harnessed children from 22-40 pounds(Height: 28 - 50 inches) and belt-positioned children from 40-110 pounds(Height: 43.3 - 57 inches); Age: At least two years of age
- This lightweight Combination Booster Car Seat comes equipped for LATCH systems allowing for easy installation and transfer between multiple vehicles
- Designed and tested for both Side Impact and Structural Integrity at energy levels approximately 2 times the Federal Crash Test Standards and the harness can be wiped clean with mild soap and water, allow harness to air dry
- Integrated cup holders keep drinks close without increasing the width of the car seat, allowing multiple car seats to fit your back seat. Harness booster age at least two years of age. Fit tip is childs ears are below top of child restraint headrest. Seat belt booster age at least four years of age
The Evenflo Chase LX is a forward facing-harnessed car seat holding children from 22-40 pounds (height: 28-50" ) that also can be converted to a belt-positioning booster for children from 40-110 pounds (height: 43-57" ). In addition to 4 shoulder harness and 2 crotch strap positions, this seat's innovative design adjusts to fit your child's needs as they continue to grow. Accredited as a "Best Bet" by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the Chase's auto adjusting belt path assists in properly positioning a vehicle lap's shoulder belt across your child's shoulder to provide optimal safety. Evenflo designed and tested the Chase's structural integrity to withstand approximately two times the energy of the Federal Crash Test Standard. It also exceeds Evenflo's own rigorous side impact testing standards. . Your child will also appreciate that the integrated cup holders to keep their snacks and drinks secure. The soft, machine washable seat pad allows for easy cleanup of any messes. The lightweight design comes equipped with an easy to use LATCH system, including tether, for easy installation and movement between multiple vehicles. The Evenflo Chase LX 2-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat for infants and toddlers is designed, engineered, tested, molded and assembled in the United States. For almost a century, Evenflo has been a leader in safety, innovation and education. The Evenflo Chase LX adheres to that mission in providing a convertible car seat that combines safety, comfort and ease for the ultimate value in child restraints.
Safety 1st Grow N Go EX Air 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- Built to grow: The 3-in-1 car seat built to grow for extended use through 3 stages: Rear-facing 5-50 pounds and 19-49 inches, Forward-facing 22-65 pounds and 29-49 inches, and Belt-positioning booster 40-100 pounds
- Side impact protection: The Grow and Go's side impact protection helps keep your child safe
- Easy in, easy out: Harness holders keep the harness in an open position so it's easy to get your child in and out of the seat
- QuickFit Harness: With the QuickFit Harness you can easily adjust both the harness and headrest in one simple step
- Wash and Dry: Machine washable and dryer safe seat pad features snaps that make it simple to take off of the seat; no fuss for truly easy cleaning
Get the car seat that's built to grow and provide your child with superior protection every step of the way! The 3-in-1 Grow and Go EX Air Car Seat from Safety 1st gives your child a safer and more comfortable ride with extended use at each stage; including up to 50 pounds in the safer, rear-facing position. This convertible car seat is designed to last through all your firsts with your child.
From infant through growing toddler, you'll be giving your child superior protection with Air Protect. When compared to similar car seats without Air Protect, testing proves that seats with Air Protect are safer. In fact, the advanced cushioning system, developed with superior safety testing that exceeds government standards, makes this one of our safest seats on the market.
For newborns to growing toddlers, the Grow and Go Air can be used in the rear-facing position from 5-50 pounds. It includes three comfy reversible pillows for a snug fit that easily remove as your baby grows.
In forward-facing mode, the Grow and Go EX Air keeps your child protected in a harness up to 65 pounds. In both rear and forward-facing mode, harness holders keep the harness out of the way which makes it simple to get your child in and out of the seat. The Quick Fit Harness offers additional convenience in both of these stages by letting you adjust the height of both the headrest and harness with one hand, in one easy step. When your child is ready to use the vehicle seat belts, use the belt-positioning booster mode for a safer seat up to 100 pounds.
KidsEmbrace 2-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat
- Comfortable contoured seat with high back and 2 cup holders for drinks or snacks
- 2-position crotch belt and 3-position adjustable-height headrest with energy-absorbing EPS foam; 5-point harness straps easily adjust with one hand
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety "Best Bet" rating for booster car seats; exceeds Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS 213)
- Approved for forward-facing use for children between 22 and 65 pounds and 29 to 49 inches in height; can be converted into a belt-positioning booster car seat for older kids between 30 and 100 pounds and 38 to 57 inches in height
- Easy to install with or without LATCH connectors and top tether
Your child will love hopping into the car knowing Minnie is along for the ride! The KidsEmbrace Disney Minnie Mouse 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat has been rigorously tested and exceeds Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS 213), plus it was given a "Best Bet" rating by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Great for toddlers and older kids alike, this combination booster car seat is approved for forward-facing use with the five-point harness for children between 22 and 65 pounds and 29 to 49 inches in height, and it can be converted into a belt-positioning booster car seat for boys and girls between 30 and 100 pounds and 38 to 57 inches in height. The booster seat harness straps are easy to adjust with one hand. The crotch belt can be used in two different positions to accommodate your growing child, and the headrest can be adjusted to three different heights. The headrest also features energy-absorbing EPS foam for maximum side-impact protection. The contoured seat is comfortable for long rides, and the cushioned seat cover is machine-washable for easy cleaning. Two cup holders provide a handy place for drinks, snacks, or toys. The combination five-point harness high-back booster car seat is easy to install with or without LATCH and the top tether. It measures 19-1/2 by 19 by 29-1/2 (L x W x H) (headrest down) to 19-1/2 by 19 by to 32-1/2 (L x W x H) (headrest up), and it weighs 15 pounds.
Cosco Finale DX 2-in-1 Combination Booster Car Seat
- The Cosco Finale DX 2-in-1 Combination Booster Car Seat features a five-point safety harness that converts to a belt-positioning booster seat as your child grows , IIHS Best Bet rating for use in booster mode
- With extended use in both of its two modes, this car seat accommodates children from 30 to 65 pounds forward-facing with a harness, and as a belt-positioning booster for toddlers and older kids 40 to 100 pounds
- Perfect for growing families and carpools, this lightweight seat is easy to move from car to car. Three of these car seats are designed to fit side-by-side across the back seat of most vehicles
- An included removable and dishwasher-safe cup holder on the side of this car seat allows your child to easily reach for their favorite drink or snack
- Remove the easy-to-clean booster car seat pad and toss it into the washing machine and then your dryer for stress-free cleaning
The Cosco Finale DX 2-in-1 Combination Booster Car Seat may be the last car seat you will ever need. This high-back 2-in-1 car seat features a five-point safety harness that converts to a belt-positioning booster seat as your child grows. With extended use in both of its two modes, this car seat accommodates children from 30 to 65 pounds forward-facing with a harness, and as a belt-positioning booster for toddlers and older kids 40 to 100 pounds. Perfect for growing families and carpools, this lightweight seat is easy to move from car to car. Three of these car seats are designed to fit side-by-side across the back seat of most vehicles. An included removable and dishwasher-safe cup holder on the side of this car seat allows your child to easily reach for their favorite drink or snack. Remove the easy-to-clean booster car seat pad and toss it into the washing machine and then your dryer for stress-free cleaning. This booster car seat meets or exceeds federal, ASTM, and JPMA safety standards and includes a one-year limited warranty. For more than 70 years, Cosco has been a leading children’s products brand recognized for its dedication to safety and value. From bouncers to car seats, swings to strollers, and high chairs to play yards, Cosco's essential baby products feature solid value and smart design. Do not use the harness system when using as a booster seat
Safety 1st onBoard 35 Air 360 Infant Car Seat
- Providing five layers of safety, this LATCH-equipped Safety 1st car seat fits infants from four pounds to toddlers of 35 pounds in a rear-facing configuration
- Shielded in the deep seat structure, your little one is further protected by AirProtect advanced side-impact protection and GCell HX patented race car foam for crash energy absorption
- Crash tested from every angle for front, rear, side, and rollover impacts, this seat includes soft foam padding throughout the seat for safety as well as comfort. A reinforced handle adds stability
- The five-point harness adjusts easily from the front of the car and features four harness heights and three buckle locations
- A stay-in-car base adjusts for a customized fit to your car. When you need to remove the lightweight seat, the Carry Curve Handle with comfort grip makes it easy to transport
Protect your baby from every angle with the Safety 1st onBoard 35 Air 360 Infant Car Seat. Providing five layers of safety, this LATCH-equipped car seat fits your child from 4 to 35 pounds in a rear-facing configuration. Shielded in the car seat's deep seat structure, your little one is further protected by AirProtect advanced side-impact protection and GCell HX patented race car foam for crash energy absorption. Crash tested from every angle for front, rear, side, and rollover impacts, this infant car seat includes soft foam padding throughout the seat for safety as well as comfort. A reinforced handle adds stability. The five-point harness adjusts easily from the front of the car seat and features four harness heights and three buckle locations. A stay-in-car base adjusts for a customized fit to your car. When you need to remove the lightweight car seat, the Carry Curve Handle with comfort grip makes it easy to transport. This car seat meets or exceeds federal, ASTM, JPMA safety standards as well as the European Rollover Standard and includes a one-year limited warranty. Safety 1st believes parenting should have fewer worries and more joyful moments. As the first and only leader in child safety, Safety 1st is here to give you peace of mind so you can spend less time worrying and more time enjoying every first you experience with your child.
Disney Baby Apt 50 Convertible Car Seat
- Extended use lets kids ride longer: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds and Forward-facing 22-50 pounds
- Side Impact Protection
- Seat pad is machine washable and dryer safe
- 5-point harness with up-front adjustment
- 6 harness heights and 3 buckle locations allow for the best fit for growing children
Travel is more fun with Disney along for the ride. Rear-facing to 40 pounds and forward-facing to 50 pounds, the The Disney Baby Apt 50 Convertible Car Seat keeps them safer during every stage with Side Impact Protection. There's also six harness heights and three buckle locations for the best fit as they grow.
With kids in the car, messes happen. Now, thanks to the easy-to-clean car seat pad, there's no need to stress. The pad comes in a wide range of styles and colors, all of which remove from the seat and are both machine washable and dryer safe. A thorough wash is just a machine cycle away.
If your chosen vehicle happens to be an airplane, the Disney Baby Apt 50 has got you covered. Certified for use on aircraft, it gives your child a familiar seat during the flight. The lightweight and compact design also get you through the airport without weighing you down. Two integrated cup holders make sure your copilot has plenty of room for drinks or a snack during the ride, whether on ground or up in the air.
The Disney Baby Apt 50 is proudly made by Cosco in Columbus, Indiana. Made by American families for American families.
Baby Trend Hybrid Booster 3-in-1 Car Seat
- "Stage 1: Weight 22-50 lbs Height 29"" -48"" Stage 2: Weight 30-100 lbs Height 38""-50"" Stage 3: Weight 40-100 lbs Height 42""-57"""
- Seat pad, body insert, and harness covers are removable and hand-washable
- The weight range for the product recommended is 22 pounds to 100 pounds
- Convenient multi-size cup holders for drink and snack
- Multiple-position head support provides superior side impact protection
The Baby Trend hybrid LX 3-in-1 booster car seat in ozone fashion provides safety and comfort for your growing child. It can be used as a forward facing five-point internal harness seat up to 50 pounds, a high-back booster and a backless booster. This car seat is very versatile and saves you money as you can buy one hybrid instead of a toddler seat, booster seat and backless booster. The six-position head support provides superior side impact protection while the five-point safety harness with easy front adjustment offers four height positions for a correct and comfortable fit. Comfort features include a removable insert the ensures small children are comfortable and fit correctly, padded strap covers, padded arms rests, one-hand front harness adjuster and removable, washable covers. The Ozone Baby Trend hybrid 3-in-1 booster car seat also comes with two built-in cup holders for drinks and snacks. The 100-pound weight capacity means the seat will provide years of safety and comfort for your growing child.
Diono Radian 3RXT All-in-One Convertible Car Seat
- ORIGINAL 3 ACROSS: The Radian 3RXT All-in-One Convertible is an affordable ultramodern child car seat that protects and makes traveling with kids as safe and easy as possible. Fit 3 Radians across in most family-size vehicles-FAA-approved for air travel.
- SUPERIOR EXTENDED REAR-FACING SAFETY & SECURITY: Featuring our powerful integrated steel frame, our flagship convertible protects infants rear-facing 5-45 lbs, forward-facing up to 65 lbs in 5 pt harness, and converts to booster for kids 50-120 lbs.
- DYNAMIC HEAD & SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION: Reinforced with an adjustable 12-position headrest, memory foam seat and aluminum side impact walls lined with energy-absorbing EPS foam, Radian safeguards kids in a robust cloud of cushiony protective comfort.
- MAXIMUM SAFETY & EASY INSTALLATION: Utilizing our SuperLATCH audible-click/visual-locking indicator connector system, 5 shoulder and 3 buckle positions, expandable leg rests, and a nonslip rubber base-all for a secure installation.
- TRAVELING THE WORLD IN COMFORT: Created with an easily removable premium plush-knit machine washable fabric, tailored infant support cushions, a seat that's easy for your child to climb in and out of as they grow, and folds flat for easy storage.
Enjoy the journey with Diono Radian 3RXT all-in-one convertible car seat, lovingly engineered to always overprotect. Your child's safety is top priority, with premium, innovative features the Diono Radian 3RXT is sleek and stylish with all the practicalities that you could possibly need like a steel alloy frame, aluminum reinforced side walls, energy absorbing EPS foam, and memory foam to put your mind at ease as your little one travels safely in style and comfort. The reinforced adjustable head support provides additional side impact protection. And, if you want to avoid those bulky car seats, look no further as the sleek design of the Diono Radian 3RXT allows for a 3-across fit or plenty of room for passengers. Unique SuperLATCH system makes installation easy and secure. An audible click and visual indicator let you know when the connectors are locked.
A child car seat is a device that is installed in a car for transporting children and fixed with regular seat belts, or with additional fasteners, on a regular car seat. Established car seat belts are designed for the dimensions of adults. For carriage of children from birth to about 12 years (until such time as the child reaches a weight of 120 pounds or his height will not be more than 60 inches), children’s car seats are intended.
The main task of the child car seat is to ensure the safety of the small passenger, and not only in the case of an accident, but also during heavy braking or emergency maneuver. Most often, child car seats are purchased and installed by car owners themselves, but car manufacturers can add them directly to their car’s design. Automakers should ensure seat belt compatibility. At the legislative level, it is fixed that children, when driving in a vehicle, use appropriate for their age, weight and height of the safety seat. Child safety seats have passive restraints and must be used properly to be effective. Car seat belts should fit snugly to the body, they should also be placed at the correct height for the child.
According to the National Traffic Safety Administration on the highways of the USA, car seats reduce the risk of a fatal outcome in accidents for infants up to one year by 71%, and for children from 1 to 4 years old – by 50%.
Also, children traveling by plane are safer in a car seat than in the hands of their parents. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that all children under 10 kg use autolyuts in an airplane (they are installed on a separate chair).
Despite the fact that there are hundreds of variants of car seat models in the world, the materials used in the production process are basically the same. The plants on which the seats are made use polypropylene. The seats themselves are made of foam, and vinyl and fabrics are used for upholstery of seats and belts.
The car seat includes foam padding, fabric covers, belts, buckles, and attachment mechanisms. Labels and instructions are also included. Each child car seat has a shelf life. It is not recommended to use a child car seat that is over 6 years old.
Manufacturers carry out inspections aimed at ensuring proper packaging of car seats. However, it is not possible to guarantee that the instructions supplied are always followed and correctly followed. Up to 95% of installed car seats may not fit the child, may be improperly attached to the vehicle, may have improperly attached seat belts, or be improperly installed in front of working airbags. In 1997, six out of ten children killed in traffic accidents misused a child car seat.
In addition to the problem of non-compliance, there are other dangers. A recent study has attributed many cases of sudden infant death syndrome to finding a baby inside a car creature. When researchers analyzed more than 500 infant deaths, it was found that 17 of them occurred when the infant was in a car seat for children. Death occurred as a result of asphyxiation caused by the incorrect position of the baby’s head.