Best Car Leaf Springs 2020 – QP RatingsLast updated: 04.02.2020
Too much heavy cargo can weigh down your vehicle or cause it to rock and sway all over the road. Leaf springs allow for the vehicle to handle this load without compromising the stability and control of the car or truck. So, if your leaf springs have issues or have completely failed, it is imperative that you replace them as soon as possible as it will lead to unsafe driving or even worse, a possible inoperable vehicle. Luckily for you, if you are in need of a leaf spring replacement, then you have you have come to the right place! At IMCarExperts.com, we review best car leaf springs for many trucks and SUVs.
Pro Comp Suspension
Approx. price: $173. You may saved up to 7%.
Approx. price: $143.
- DIRECT REPLACEMENT: This Dorman leaf spring is specifically engineered to match the original design and performance of the suspension spring on select Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Wagoneer vehicles.
- QUALITY-ENGINEERED: Coated for resistance to rust and corrosion. Replacement restores a safe, stable, smooth ride.
- PROFESSIONALLY TESTED: Vehicle try-on testing has been conducted on this part to ensure trouble-free installation and performance.
- SUPPORT AVAILABLE: If you have any trouble, every Dorman part is backed by Dorman's ASE Blue Seal Certified technical support team.
- ENSURE FIT: Just input your specific year, make, model and trim in Amazon Garage to ensure this part fits your exact vehicle.
- Replacement leaf spring for select jeep models
- The OE part number is 4886185AB, 4886187AB, 52000545AB
Approx. price: $198.
Pro Comp Suspension
Approx. price: $44.
- Lift Height: 1.5 - 2.5 Inch
- Leaf Length: Short
- Sold As: Pair
Approx. price: $0.
- Make: Jeep
- : 12 Month
- High quality construction.
- Color: Black
- Construction: Rubber Steel
Dorman - OE Solutions
Approx. price: $178.
- Replacement Leaf Spring for Toyota Tacoma 1997-1995
- Leaf Spring sold individually
- Original Equipment (OE) numbers: 48210-04051, 48210-04052, 48210-04053, 48210-04080, 48210-04081, 48220-04020, 48220-04021, 48220-04022, 48220-04030, 48220-04031
- Backed by Dorman's limited Lifetime Warranty
- Direct fit replacement unit
- Unit features Dorman engineered quality enhancements
- Backed by Dorman's limited Lifetime Warranty
Approx. price: $137.
- Crown Automotive is the premiere manufacturer and distributor of quality replacement parts for Jeep
- Crown also supports its entire line with a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty
- The Crown line consists of axle, body, brake, clutch, cooling, driveline, electrical, engine, exhaust, fuel, steering, suspension, transmission and transfer case components
- Crown Automotive A614 LEAF SPRING, REAR
Approx. price: $101. You may saved up to 18%.
- 7 leaf
- Left or Right side
- Direct fit
- Limited 5 Year Warranty
Approx. price: $163. You may saved up to 8%.
Leaf springs provide the benefit of allowing the vehicle to support carrying and towing heavy loads really well by absorbing the force the weight creates as the vehicle is driven, bending and flexing out in a shape like a horseshoe or a slightly curved archery bow as it is compressed and adapts to the conditions in the road so that the vehicle doesn’t get out of control, sag, or bottom-out.
Automotive leaf springs come in several different styles. They can be monoleaf springs made of a single sheet of metal which is thicker in the middle and tapers towards the end, or the more common multi-leaf springs, which use several layers of metal to achieve a similar effect. They can also be either double-eye style, with both ends curved into a circle, or open-eye style with one end curved into a circle and the other end culminating in a hook or a flat end.
So, how does it all work? Well, the leaf spring attaches at the rear to a shackle, which in turn connects to a bracket or “hanger” mounted to the body. The front end connects directly to another bracket. On vehicles that have been designed with a unibody frame, like most newer SUVs, the leaf spring shackle mounts directly to the frame rather than to a bracket. So, on a typical vehicle with a full frame (most trucks) and two leaf springs in the rear, there will be two leaf spring shackles and four leaf spring brackets; vehicles with a unibody frame will have two leaf spring shackles and two leaf spring brackets. If the truck also has two leaf springs in the front of the vehicle, well, you get the picture—it all depends. So, while the front end of the leaf spring is held close to the vehicle’s frame by the bracket, the rear end is allowed some amount of movement by the shackle. This allows the spring to flex in response to bumps in the road, keeping the vehicle as level as possible. Automotive leaf springs can attach above the axle (known as the overslung style) or underneath the axle (underslung style), and the center of the spring provides a place for the axle.
Best Prices for Car Leaf Springs
Basics of Automotive Leaf Springs and Coil Springs
Focuses on the basics of automotive leaf springs and coil springs. Concentrates on the balance between the front and rear springs and how they work together.
Car Leaf Springs 2020 – QP Ratings News
1966 Revology Shelby GT350 Review Curing Oldcarphobia...26.11.2018 - Motor Trend
Your significant other doesn't share your enthusiasm for old cars, but one sunny day after just having replaced the hydrocoptic marzlevanes on your '56 Vapid Peyote, you lure your honey out for a spin. Then, sure enough, just as you swing onto Lovers...
1966 Dodge Charger Exterior26.11.2018 - Top Speed
Bouwkamp recounts that "[Townsend's] vision was that the Chrysler cars competed with Oldsmobile and Buick, Plymouth competed with Chevrolet and Ford, and Dodge competed with Pontiac." He argued that this was "a logical plan, but that is not what the...
Steam Update: Big Boy's New Suspension System Promises a Smooth Ride31.10.2018 - Union Pacific (press release)
“The back wheels of most cars have leaf springs and coil springs,” said Ed Dickens, head of the Union Pacific Steam Team. “If you didn't have a suspension system your car would bounce, bounce, bounce down the road after you hit a pothole.” Leaf springs...
Something Different: 1972 Plymouth Road Runner GTX24.11.2018 - MSN Autos
so he installed a set of Mopar Performance Super Stock leaf springs and a 3.91: posi. The factory wheels were also ditched in favor of a set of 15x8 at the rear and 15x7 at the front stamped steel wheels salvaged from a police car. Those police...
Automotive Composite Suspension Components Market to reach US$ 100 million in 202326.11.2018 - Industry Today (press release)
By Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, Light Commercial Vehicle, Medium- & Heavy-Duty Commercial Vehicle,others) - Passenger car segment is projected to witness the highest growth . By Component Type (Coil Springs, Leaf Springs, Stabilizer Bar, Suspension...