Best Car Summer Tires – Reviews and QP Ratings (2018)Last updated: 03.04.2019
When you want to hit the road this summer, make sure your tires are up for the journey. Many drivers favor all-season tires throughout the year, but you can also invest in best car summer tires if you want improved performance during warm weather. You’ll have to remove the tires before winter sets in, but while the temperatures are favorable, you might get more mileage out of your car.
Pirelli P ZERO High Performance Tire
- All-terrain tire for jeeps, light pickups, and SUVs
- Circumferential grooves for straight-line traction in wet conditions.This product is not for sale in the state of Arkansas
- High-density siping to resist hydroplaning
- Coupling joints reduce tread flex for high-speed stability.Staggered shoulder lugs for increased all-terrain performance
- Load Index Translation: 1929 lbs
Twenty years on, Pirelli PZero is still a point of reference in the ultra high performance market: technologically the most advanced, the best performing, the most coveted. The new attractive asymmetric tread design offers superior handling and braking performances on both dry and wet surfaces. The new high-grip compound with nano-composites is the perfect solution for an enhanced driving stability and sensitive steering control. Three wide longitudinal grooves ensure an high aquaplaning resistance, while the s-shaped sipes are designed to reduce rolling noise. The external area with large, rigid blocks is the ideal support to exalt handling characteristics when driving on the limit, bestowing worry-free emotion.
Michelin 66770 Pilot Sport A/S All-Season Radial Tire
- Corner with exacting control. Our Variable Contact Patch 3.0 spreads cornering pressures evenly over the contact patch for more grip and control, plus long-lasting tires.
- You're in control, even when the weather is trying to take over. Our groundbreaking Extreme Silica+ compound stays grippy when wet, while large rain grooves and 3-D sipes help prevent hydroplaning.
- A little ice or snow won't slow you down, thanks to advanced Helio+ Technology that's built to stick even in the cold. Plus, hidden Biting Edges grab loose snow for fast starts and stops.
The Pilot Sport A/S 3+ is Michelin’s ultimate Ultra High Performance All-Season tire combining summer levels of wet and dry grip with cold weather and snow mobility.
Bridgestone Potenza RE92 Radial Tire
- All-season tire for sporty coupes and sedans
- High performance handling meets all-season traction
- Interlocking triangulated tread design for increased traction
- Computer-enhanced tread design minimizes road noise
- Hard rubber sidewall stiffeners improve cornering
The Potenza RE92 all-season, world-class high performance tires complement today's sporty coupes, sedans and sports cars. The Potenza RE92 became popular because of its extensive use as original equipment on vehicles like the Acura Integra, Infiniti Q45, Mazda 626, and Toyota Camry. The tread design features interlocking triangulated blocks and circumferential grooves which provide excellent wet, dry and snow traction. Computer-enhanced tread design minimizes road noise and the polyester cord body promotes ride comfort. Hard rubber sidewall stiffeners resist lateral movement to maintain tire stability.
Westlake SA07 Sport Radial Tire
- high performance tires
- low road noise
- Low cost
Westlake tires offer an irregular and multi-pitch pattern design which can effectively reduce noise. The application of slender bladed sipes provides more steering traction in cornering. As well the solid long rib pattern can improve high speed stability. In combination this can prevent irregular wear provide you, the driver, with optimal ride comfort. The elegant design of the tread and side wall makes the tire sporty and current.
Cooper Starfire RS-C 2.0 All-Season Radial Tire
- Tire only
- Performance Tread Compound - Designed To Provide Excellent Traction And Handling, This Newly Formulated Tread Stock Also Carries Long Wearing Properties For Excellent Value.
- Four Wide Circumferential Grooves - Provides Excellent Water Evacuation In The Footprint On Wet And Slippery Road Surfaces.
- Attractive Sidewall - Modern Looking Stylized Black Sidewall Complements Today'S Vehicles.
- Variable Pitch Tread - Computer Designed To Provide A Quiet-Running Tire At Highway Speeds.
The RS-C 2.0 has an aggressive design that performs great in all four seasons. This tire is designed for the budget conscious consumer that is looking for upscale performance. The RS-C 2.0 is offered in sizes to accommodate today's most popular vehicles.
Sumic GT-A All-Season Radial Tire
- The symmetrical 4-Rib pattern provides superior ride and stability
- Advanced tread compound enhances water performance
- Circumferential center channel and extended lateral grooves provide superior water evacuation
- Tread block sipping enhances ride comfort and reduces noise
- High rigidity construction supports high speed handling
The Sumic GT-A all-season performance line is the perfect combination of superior quality, design and value. From technologically advanced construction to impressive size coverage, the Sumic GT-A has been designed with one goal in mind...outstanding performance in every area.
Nitto NT555R All-Season Radial Tire
- High block rigiditycreates a stable contact patch for optimal launch performance
- Race compound is less sensitive to heat degradation, providing track-proven durability and even wear for better street performance
- Racing tread pattern, molded at 6/32 of an inch, allows for a staggered front and rear tire setup
- Reinforced semi-radial construction provides high-speed stability
Always gauging distances a quarter mile at a time? The Nitto NT555R tire has the optimal dry performance you need to rack up drag wins, plus enough versatility for occasional street use. But don’t get the wrong idea – this tire isn’t like the others. It’s D.O.T.-compliant, so you know you’re getting a compound that’s tough enough for demanding track driving, and the stable contact patch provides the perfect footprint for hard launches. We have a winner.
Hankook Ventus V2 All-Season Radial Tire
- Solid center tracking rib - enhances braking performance and ensures optimal road contact pressure and controlled steering response at high speeds
- Y-shape channels, linear grooves and MTR (Multiple Tread Radius) - effectively sweeps water away from the tire
- High-density nylon reinforcement belt - allows even distribution of ground contact pressure during cornering
- HPSR (High Tg Polymer & Specific Resin) Compound - ensures outstanding traction and braking on wet roads
- 3D effect on block edge - evenly distributes road surface contact for optimal handling and braking
The Ventus utilizes the latest technology to maximize steering response and improve high-speed stability while the tire's water drainage system ensures safety on wet surfaces. The directional tread of the tire gives a sophisticated look and improves traction while preventing against hydroplaning.
Nitto INVO High Performance Tire
- High-performance summer tires for sporty coupes and sedans
- Extremely low road noise
- Asymmetric tread design for increased handling
- Circumferential grooves for superior wet traction
- Maximum ride comfort
The INVO offers tread technology without compromise. This ultra-high performance tire refused to compromise on performance, ride refinement, or quality. State-of-the-art computer engineering and digital audio testing equipment produced a tread pattern that reduces perceived road noise, provides excellent comfort, and delivers exceptional traction in both dry and wet conditions. The result: a tread pattern that is unique and functional.
Sumitomo Tire HTR A/S P02 Performance Radial Tire
- Velocity, Versatility and Value Re-Imagined and Redefined
- Introducing the HTR A/S P02 - Sumitomo's groundbreaking all-season, high-performance line
- This tire delivers it all - the intensity of exceptionally crisp, high-speed handling and responsiveness, the stability of superior all-season traction, the durability of extended mileage and treadwear and the security of an outstanding warranty package
10/32 Tread life Remaining. All used inventory is subject to one repair in the tread area. Please contact us before purchase for any condition inquiry.
After a quick glance at a summer tire, you might mistakenly believe that the tire has been used and worn to a near-bald state. However, this is because summer tires feature extremely shallow tread. This means that you won’t have much grip if you leave the tires on your car and attempt to drive in icy or snowy conditions, which is why you must have a set of winter or all-purpose tires put on as soon as the weather turns chilly.
Shallow tread can also make driving in wet conditions more dangerous. The existing grooves will help shed water if you’re driving during a storm, and hydroplaning won’t become an issue unless the water level gets dangerously high. However, if you drive frequently in the rain, consider a different type of tire.
Manufacturers design summer tires to have as much physical contact with the road surface as possible. This can make you feel more connected to the road while you’re angling through curves or cruising down the highway. Many drivers prefer this experience, especially when they embark upon summer road trips. It’s particularly ideal for smooth, dry roads.
Although summer tires have plenty of benefits, you might have to sacrifice some comfort. Because of the increased road connection and the low sidewalls, you’ll feel all the bumps and divots in the road more keenly. This could mean a little stiffness and soreness after a long road trip, depending on your tolerance level.
To maximize your experience with summer tires, invest in a newer Ford vehicle that has built-in comfort features, such as lumbar support. You’ll feel better during and after your excursions in your car because the vehicle’s features will counteract any discomfort caused by the tires. You can also buy aftermarket products, such as seat covers, to further maximize your comfort.
Although summer tires can work with just about any vehicle, they’re made specifically for performance cars. The increased agility and control lends itself to high-performing vehicles, so they make a reasonable choice if you drive a Taurus, Mustang, or similar vehicle.
You can also outfit your performance car with performance parts. Look for specials on car parts to snag a great deal while getting the most out of your vehicle. Make sure to follow the Ford-recommended service plan so your car remains in tip-top shape for your road adventures.
While summer cars can boost performance, they also come at a cost. You’ll pay more for these tires than you would for the winter or all-weather variety, which means digging a little deeper into your finances. If you enjoy getting the best performance out of your vehicle and showing off your car’s abilities on the road, the extra costs might be worth the benefits you gain from summer tires.
Car Summer Tires –and (2018) Best Prices
11 of the best car tyres for 2018
Subscribe to Tyre Reviews! http://bit.ly/2p6kKXq Here are 11 of the best car tyres for 2018. With summer just around the corner, now is a great time to plan what ...