Best Coaxial Car Speakers in 2020 – Reviews and QP RatingsLast updated: 16.03.2020
It is unlikely that absolutely all drivers can be classified as avid music lovers, but most of them love music and listen to it often. Unfortunately, the quality of the standard speaker system is rarely satisfactory, even if at first there are no complaints about the speakers. But over time, you begin to realize that the sound could have been much better. On the other hand, changing car audio systems every year is an unacceptable luxury, so I want to immediately choose the best option that would suit you for many years to come. This is a difficult task if you are not a specialist in this field. We will try to fill in the gaps in your acoustic education by explaining the most important points to pay attention to when choosing, and presenting the latest rating of the best coaxial car speakers on the market.
Approx. price: $473.
- CTA-2031 Specifications: 100W RMS, 300W Peak, 4 Ohm
- Using the highly successful Type-R speakers as a foundation, we applied various performance and hardware improvements to the design, essentially transforming them into the new R-Series speakers – The Next Evolution of Proven Performance.
- Ultra Smooth 1" Silk Dome Tweeter - Swivel Tweeter Mounting
- Multi-Layer Hybrid Fiber Cone - Large Square Wire Dual-Layer Voice Coil
This bundle contains two pairs of Alpine R-S65C R-Series 6.5" Component 2-Way Speaker Sets Alpine R-S65C 6.5 Inch Component 2-Way Speakers CTA-2031 Specifications: 100W RMS, 300W Peak, 4 Ohm Frequency Response: 65Hz-29kHz 100 Watts RMS 300 Watts Peak Ultra Smooth 1" Silk Dome Tweeter Swivel Tweeter Mounting H.A.M.R. Surround (Patent Pending) Multi-Layer Hybrid Fiber Cone Large Square Wire Dual-Layer Voice Coil High-performance Linear Drive Motor Type-R speakers have been known for their dependability and sound performance at a mid-line price. Chances are, you've heard the Type-R speakers and appreciated the loud & fun listening experience. Using the highly successful Type-R speakers as a foundation, we applied various performance and hardware improvements to the design, essentially transforming them into the new R-Series speakers - The Next Evolution of Proven Performance. BUILDING ON AN ICONIC SPEAKER The Type-R speaker has been an iconic part of the car audio industry for many years but it was time for a modernization of the brand. Type-R speaker performance was certainly top notch but there is always room for improvement. Rather than redesigning the speakers from scratch, we kept the fundamental Type-R sound & style characteristics and updated them. MORE REALISTIC HIGHS The R-Series speakers use a new ring-type tweeter voice coil for increased efficiency and better tonal balance across the entire sound band, for improved overall sound quality. A MORE BALANCED TRANSITION As with many high-end speakers, the Type-R components incorporate Wave Guide technology in the form of a phase plug in the center of the woofer cone. The Wave Guide enhances in-car sound dispersion and helps eliminate phase distortion. Alpine's unique Dynamic eXpander ring stiffens the cone around the Wave Guide, eliminating a big source of distortion in typical designs caused by cone flexing.
Approx. price: $104.
- Adaptor Rings make it easy to fit the db6501 in 6 1/2 inch and 6 3/4 inch applications
- Two way Butterworth outboard crossover with vented housing, electronic tweeter protection circuit
- Woofers feature polymer/mica composite cone with butyl rubber surround, Kapton voice coil former. 6.5 inch component system with pair each of woofers, tweeters, crossovers
- 25mm liquid cooled silk/polymer composite dome tweeters with neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs
- Special Shipping Information: This item cannot be returned to Amazon.com. For additional information concerning this policy, please visit our Product Specific Returns Policy Page
- 6.5 inch component system with pair each of woofers, tweeters, crossovers
- Woofers feature polymer/mica composite cone with butyl rubber surround, Kapton voice coil former
- 25mm liquid cooled silk/polymer composite dome tweeters with neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs
- Two way Butterworth outboard crossover with vented housing, electronic tweeter protection circuit
- Adaptor Rings make it easy to fit the db6501 in 6 1/2 inch and 6 3/4 inch applications
Polk's new 2007 db Series is better than ever with superior looks and even better sound at prices that make high performance affordable to everyone. The db6501 is a 6.5 inch two way component system that works well in OEM factory systems, as well as with high powered aftermarket head units and component power amps.
Approx. price: $134. You may saved up to 5%.
- Infinity’s glass fiber woofer cones are lighter and stiffer with more cone-area than the competition , delivering increased low-frequency output and higher efficiency.
- Edge-driven textile dome tweeters - These are not commonly used W-domes, but edge-driven textile dome speakers that will deliver broader and smoother high frequency response.
- High output 2.5 ohm ohm architecture with low impedance voice coils enables the speaker to extract every watt from the amplifier and deliver peak power with ease.
- Infinity speakers have to undergo a testing process that would destroy lesser speakers. Infinity freezes them, bakes them, shakes them, blasts them with ultraviolet light and drives them at full power for days at a time.
- Infinity is in the business of designing reference quality speakers, and Kappa car audio speakers are no exception.
KAPPA 62ix 6-1/2" 2-Way Coaxial SpeakersInfinity's Kappa speakers set a new standard in car audio. Their Patented Plus One™ woofers deliver tight robust bass and high-output that is detailed and musical. Edge-driven textile dome tweeters with oversized voice coils deliver silky smooth highs with increased thermal power handling for high volume enthusiasts. An optional midrange speaker with band-pass crossover is available to upgrade the two-way component systems into three-way systems for increased performance where a three way system is desired or fits into factory locations. Every model is voiced using audiophile grade inductors and capacitors resulting in detail and accuracy unmatched by other brands in their class. And Kappa's 2 ohm design extracts every watt of power from the amplifier or head unit for exceptional performance. Kappa is how all car speakers should perform.Features:Seven Models to Suit All Applications and Environments6-1/2" (160mm) two-way car audio multi-element speaker.Patented Plus One™ Glass Fiber WoofersInfinity’s glass fiber woofer cones are lighter and stiffer with more cone-area than the competition delivering increased low-frequency output and higher efficiency. Hearing them is believing them.Edge-driven textile dome tweetersThese are not commonly used W-domes but edge-driven textile dome speakers that will deliver broader and smoother high frequency response. Infinity's larger voice coil also optimizes thermal power handling with low distortion and high reliability at high volume.UniPivot TweeterThe tweeter is angled and can also be rotated 270° after installation on most models. This gives you imaging options and the ability to elevate the soundstage if the speaker is mounted low in a door. There is also a push-button tweeter level control (+O dB flat and +3 dB) to custom tune high frequencies in coaxial models for on- and off-axis speaker placement.3-way UpgradabilityKappa 2-way component system cross
Approx. price: $77.
- Plus One polypropylene woofer cones provide increased cone area of up to 35% by moving the attachment point between the surround and the frame outward. This provides superior output and performance when used as an upgrade to a factory system and also with aftermarket amplifiers.
- Engineered to Fit-Close attention to fitment is paramount to the success of this speaker family.
- Vented basket Frame design-The super-rigid vented baskets help to cool the voice coils making for a reliable speaker. The benefits are lower distortion at high output levels, a longer lasting speaker and higher power handling.
- These speakers are voiced against each other to ensure each line has the consistent JBL sound signature that’s known and sought out by those who care about their audio.
JBL Stage3 speakers bring patented technologies, world-class engineering and JBL pro sound heritage together to create a powerful line of car audio loudspeakers. Focusing on performance and fitment, they bring unrivaled sound performance to your vehicle. The high output 2 ohm DCR design extracts every watt of power from the amplifier or head unit enabling the patented Plus One woofers to deliver high output and solid deep bass performance. Our rigorous OEM-level reliability testing provides peace of mind when it's time to crank it up for that inimitable JBL adrenaline surge. Technical Specifications 6-1/2" (165mm) 3-way car speaker for factory upgrade without grille Power Handling: 45Wrms, 225W peak Sensitivity (@ 2.83V/1m): 92dB Frequency Response: 55Hz - 20kHz Impedance: 3ohms What's in the Box 2 x Speakers
Approx. price: $83.
- The Punch P1683 is an impressive 3-way full-range speaker designed for fanatics who need a high quality factory replacement in an easy to install package
- The P1683 6”x8” 4-Ohm black speakers come as a pair, have a power handling of 65 Watts RMS/130 Watts Max and include mounting hardware and OEM adapter plate
- Featuring a PEI dome tweeter with built-in crossover and injection molded mineral filled polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround that provides high output and accurate frequency reproduction
- FlexFit basket design utilizes slots instead of single screw sized holes that allow for a slight adjustment of the speaker when aligning with OEM mounting holes for a better fit
- Famous Rockford Fosgate build quality with a full 1-year warranty when purchased from an authorized Rockford Fosgate reseller
- 6-by-8-inch three-way speaker with 130 watts maximum power handling (65 watts RMS)
- Mineral-filled & polypropylene injection molded cone with butyl rubber surround
- PEI dome tweeter with built-in crossover
- Flex Fit basket allows for variable adjustments to the mounting position
- 65Hz - 24kHz frequency response; 90dB sensitivity
Since day one, we have spearheaded the car audio revolution. Nothing has changed. Rockford Fosgate is still the global leader in audio innovation and your passion is our purpose. We engineer the best audio systems for your lifestyle!
Audio Watt Inc
Approx. price: $82.
- Kenwood KFC-6966S 6x9" 400W Speaker (4 Speakers) + Gravity Magnet Phone Holder Bundle
- Handles up to 45 watts RMS (400 watts peak power)
- 1" PEI balanced dome tweeter and 1/2" ceramic supertweeter
- Polypropylene woofer with treated cloth surround
- Frequency response: 35-22, 000 Hz / top-mount depth: 3-1/16"
Dependable sound There comes a day when you just can't bear to drive another mile, listening to muddy-sounding speakers. When you finally reach the breaking point, Kenwood's Sport Series speakers are your go-to solution without breaking the bank. Solid lows and clear highs The KFC-6966S 6"x9" 3-way speakers feature polypropylene cones that will enrich your music with solid midbass oomph and dynamic midrange, while the 1" balanced-dome tweeters and ceramic supertweeters will bring new life to the high range. Kenwood also includes sharp-looking grilles in case you're doing a custom installation in your vehicle. Best of all, you can safely power these with your car stereo and still enjoy your music the way it was meant to be heard, with clarity and emotion.
Approx. price: $49.
- 6" coaxial car speakers with 25mm silk dome tweeter delivers warm treble with remarkable clarity and definition. Lightweight polypropylene cone provides accurate mid and low notes.
- RMS power 200 watts per pair | Peak power 600 watts per pair
- Nitrile Butadiene rubber surround supports linear movement for optimal accuracy. 25mm Silk dome tweeter delivers rich, warm treble with remarkable clarity and definition.
- Stamped steel basket for a sturdy foundation. Y30 Ferrite motor structure maintains exceptional control over the driver for tight, crisp reproduction. High temperature TSV voice coil provides superior current distribution while effectively dissipating heat .
- 4 Ohms impedance - Frequency Response: 70-20,000 Hz; Top-mount Depth: 2-1/2" (64mm); Cutout Diameter: ~5-1/8" (130mm) Sensitivity: 89dB; Optional Grills Also Available: NVX XGR665
Approx. price: $41.
- QUALITY WITHIN BUDGET - You can probably say that one of the best Entry Level car audio 6.5" speakers is the CT Sounds Bio 6.5 Inch Car Audio Coaxial Speakers (Pair). Considering the quality & price of this package, it gives you absolute stunning car audio
- MATERIAL - Each Speaker has 13mm Silk Dome Tweeter, 21 Oz Y30 ferrite Magnet and 0.8" Voice coil. They are easy to mount having Cutout dia 144mm / 5.65"and Mounting depth is 55mm / 2.16". They has Impedance of 4 Ohm rating that compensates the undersized wire found in many of today’s cars.
- BUILT TO LAST - Our high quality construction, massive sound, and long-lasting performance give you a Unique and quality sound experience. CT Sounds Bio 6.5" Speakers Pair takes great care of both mid and high frequencies; includes a13mm silk dome tweeter in each speaker.
- 2- WAY SOUND - If you are looking for a quality pair of car audio coax door speakers then look no further; let the Bio 6.5 Speakers pair takes care. It comes with buit in tweeters having small crossover circuitry beneath the tweeter at each speaker with silk dome N38H magnet
- 90 DAYS WARRANTY - CT SOUNDS delivering the up-to-date technology products on the market. If you are not 100% satisfied with our products. Contact us and we will find a solution together.
When you need a top-notch qualified speaker for your car speaker systems, then better check out the new Bio 6.5" Coax Speaker from CT Sounds! With black stamp steel basket, the Bio 6.5" Coax speaker lets you go for high sounds without any possible fractures. The plastic polypropylene cone of this speaker lets you have that reliability satisfaction that most of the customers' desire. For your car speakers, the BIO 6.5" is just an ace because- the tweeter and the woofer are placed at the same location from where, the audio output; as a whole of all the audio frequencies, comes out. Basically, that is the meaning of being Coax automobile speakers. More specifically, vehicles having a single point of speaker installation, going for a Coax car speakers like Bio 6.5" is just the one stop solution! Features: 1. It entails 3mm front plate which is coated with fine quality white Zinc. 2. The speaker includes a 13mm silk-dome tweeter on top of the woofer at the center. 3. There is a crossover circuit inbuilt after the speaker contacts rigidly. 4. There is a majestic voice coil of 0.8" (diameter) at the central portion of the speaker skeleton. Technical Specifications: 1. Speaker/woofer size: 6.5" Coaxial 2. Crossover circuit: 3.3 μF capacitor (50V rated) For Woofer: 3. DC resistance: 3.2 ohm 4. Resonant frequency: 102 Hz 5. Magnetic field (B): 8800 Tesla 6. QTS: 1.186 7. Cone material: Plastic polypropylene (PP), NBR surround For Tweeter: 8. Tweeter size (diameter): 13 mm 9. Tweeter type: Silk-dome Ratings: 10.Power rating per speaker: 30W (rms), 60W (max) 11. Power rating per pair: 60W (rms), 120W (max) 12. Frequency range (-10dB): 50 Hz - 20 kHz 13. Impedance: 4 ohm 14. SPL: 89 dB (@ 1w/1m) Mounting Parameters: 15. Cutout diameter: 5.65" 16. Mounting depth: 2.16"
Approx. price: $43.
- 6.5” Mid Bass Speakers: The 6.5 inch woofer features an eye catching yellow color poly injection cone; Non fatiguing butyl rubber surround keeps your speakers secure and ensures that the product will last for a long period of time
- High Quality Sound: Listening to good music while on the road has never been this good; The component audio speaker has high temperature ASV voice coil which provides the richest sound, ensuring low distortion and providing an open sound stage
- Heavy Duty Component:The 40 oz magnet structure, special electroplated steel basket, and 0.5” silk dome tweeter are what power these speakers and allow for a 90 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response; It features Standard 6.5” size that fits OEM locations
- Multiple Mounting Options: Allows 3 mounting Options flush, surface or angle; This 4 ohm component also features a mounting depth of 2.65”, ensuring your speakers will stay in place
- Wiring Kit Included: This audio speaker compensates the undersized wire found in many of today’s cars; Includes grills, wires and mounting hardware; Midrange tweeter helps to provide smooth & loud sound
- 400watt 2way custom component system includes pair of woofers, tweeters, and crossovers
- 6.5inch woofers with yellow poly injection cones and butyl rubber surrounds
- 0.5inch silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets and multiple mounting options
- Pair of passive crossover networks with 12 dB/octave slope
Get in gear with the Pyle Gear series These speakers are designed to provide the best quality sound for the budgetminded enthusiast. You'll be blasting your tunes and rocking the block with this component speaker kit. It includes one pair of 6.5' midbass speakers, one pair of 0.5' tweeters, one pair of passive crossover devices, a wiring kit, grills, and installation hardware it's a perfect way to upgrade and expand the range of your factory system. The midbass speakers pump with 400 watts of power and fit in most OEM locations. The 100watt, 0.5' silk dome tweeters have three mounting options and a frequency response from 1.3 to 22 kHz. Use the passive crossover networks to separate the signal from your headunit between the midbass and tweeter speakers for a richer, more accurate sound. You'll hear everything you were meant to hear with Pyle Gear.
Approx. price: $0.
- MIDRANGE THAT HANDLES IT ALL - A mid-range driver that can answer the call to handle the most significant part of the audible sound spectrum. A speaker that sounds great with just instrumentals and, even better with vocals.
- POWER YOU CAN COUNT ON - The PRO-GM6.4 delivers an impressive 480W Max Power with 140W RMS at 4 Ohms, enough to tackle a full range of audio.
- HIGH-QUALITY VOICE COIL - 1.5” high-temperature Kapton voice coil can handle extreme heat and maintain its structural integrity meaning long life out of your speakers.
- TAKE YOUR SYSTEM TO THE NEXT LEVEL - Get the most out of your system by upgrading to a speaker that gives you everything you're missing from your stock stereo. Discover what a true midrange speaker can do for you.
- 6.5" LOUDSPEAKER WITH FERRITE MAGNET - Settle for nothing but the best with High-Strength Ferrite magnets that produces a wider range of tones and can handle tremendous power at high volumes.
Our newest PRO GM rendition is an identical counterpart to our very popular PRO GM6 except now we offer it in 4 ohms instead of 8 hence the name PRO GM6.4. This monster midrange handles up to 140w RMS and 480w maximum power. A frequency range of 90hz to 10khz will ensure you get the most out of your frequency range, so you hit all your desired notes with ease. These speakers are a very good selection for someone who wants a little mid bass and very precise voice through their 6-inch speakers. These give amazing crescendos and very solid rock bottom notes. They come with non-pressed paper cones and steel pressed frames that hold a 30oz ferrite magnet. These are very solid speakers that will make even the most advanced audiophile smile.
How to choose coaxial speakers
When installing a new audio system, and when replacing an existing one, any motorist has a question: how to achieve a better sound with less effort and money? On the one hand, component audio system (in which each frequency band is voiced by a separate speaker) is considered the best solution for ensuring sound quality. On the other hand, audio preparation of most cars involves installing only two speakers in the front doors. When installing component speakers, you will have to prepare the place and stretch the wires to the tweeters and woofers yourself (or you will have to pay extra for this to the installers).
A compromise solution is to install coaxial speakers – their speakers are actually audio systems consisting of several speakers located in a single enclosure. This allows you to achieve high-quality sound when using only regular speaker installation points.
However, you should not expect that any coaxial speaker is better than any single speaker by default. There are broadband speakers that have sound characteristics that are not inferior to many coaxial ones. Therefore, to get a really high-quality sound, you should understand the characteristics of coaxial speakers and understand what parameter affects what.
The minimum and maximum frequency of the speaker largely determines the sound quality of the audio system. The human ear hears sounds with a frequency from 20 to 20000 Hz, and the closer the minimum frequency of the speakers is to 20, and the maximum – to 20000, the more complete the sound of the audio system will be. If the minimum frequency is higher than 50 Hz, the system will not have enough bass, it is desirable to install an additional subwoofer. If the maximum frequency is less than 18000 Hz, it is advisable to install additional tweeter speakers for sound completeness.
Some models have a maximum frequency of more than 20,000 Hz, and sometimes significantly: up to 25,000, 30,000, and even 35,000 Hz. Of course, sounds of this frequency can no longer be heard by the human ear. Such frequencies are rather an indicator of the perfection of the equipment and some guarantee that the amplitude-frequency response of the speakers will be as smooth as possible in the audible section up to 20,000 Hz.
The number of bands is the number of individual speakers installed in the speaker. It is much easier to create a speaker that will play well only a single frequency range (band) than all the audible frequencies. Therefore, the coaxial column has several speakers, each of which is responsible for reproducing the sounds of a separate band. This helps smooth out the frequency response of the audio system and ensures that there are no dips in the reproducible frequency range. Theoretically – the more bands, the smoother the frequency response. Almost everything depends on the materials of the speakers and the quality of their manufacture, so that some two-band speakers may end up with a better sound than other four-band speakers.
An external crossover allows you to forcibly divide the sound into bands – so that each speaker receives only its own frequencies as input. On the one hand, this can reduce the sound distortion that occurs when the same frequency is played simultaneously by different speakers. On the other hand, these distortions are not large enough to significantly affect the sound quality, so an external crossover can’t noticeably improve the sound.
The size of the speaker determines the size of the largest of its speakers – the low-frequency one. It is convenient when the size of the column corresponds to the regular place in the car, this makes it much easier to install it. However, the regular place in the car may be different. It is good if your car is equipped with large speakers-the larger the area of the diffuser, the easier it is for the speaker to create a large sound pressure. Therefore, good low-frequency speakers are more common among large models.
At the same time, another small speaker provides a better bass sound than a larger one. Do not be upset if the regular space in your car is small: among the speakers of the appropriate size, there are also models with high-quality reproduction of low frequencies. Once you have decided on the size, pay attention to the shape and seating depth of the speaker – they must also match the parameters of the seat.
Peek Music Power Output is the power that the speaker can withstand without damage for 2 seconds. However, you should keep in mind that there is no standard procedure for measuring maximum power, and you should use this value with caution. When choosing, it is better to focus on the rated power. Keep in mind that the impressive number shown on the box and speaker housing is the PMPO.
The rated power (RMS) can be applied to the column for a long time (hour without risk of damage). The nominal power of the speakers must match the power of the amplifier (radio). How to match? The Internet is full of categorical and very contradictory advice: some say that the amplifier should be 1.5 times more powerful, others-that the opposite is true.
In general, both points of view have the right to life: you can ruin the sound (and, even worse, kill the acoustics) by either insufficient or excessive power of the amplifier. However, it is easier to damage coaxial speakers with insufficient power. More precisely, it is easier to damage the high-frequency tweeters of the speakers – they can not tolerate the nonlinear distortion that occurs when the amplifier is overloaded. Therefore, the power of the speakers should be approximately equal to the power of the radio or slightly lower.
If the amplifier is much (more than 1.5 times) more powerful than the speakers-it’s also okay, as long as you do not apply the maximum power to them (do not twist the volume control to the maximum). The impedance of the speakers is selected according to the parameters of the amplifier (radio). If a speaker with an impedance of 2 ohms is connected to the output of an amplifier designed for 4 ohms, its output stage may burn out, unable to withstand twice the increased currents. In the opposite case-when connecting four-Ohm speakers to a two-Ohm output-the sound will be much quieter than when connected correctly.
Sometimes several speakers are connected to one output of the amplifier to increase the sound pressure. Then their total impedance is calculated by the formula corresponding to the connection type.
Sensitivity describes the maximum volume of the speaker, indicating how loud (in dB) the input signal of 1 W will sound at a distance of 1 m from the speaker. Of two speakers of comparable power connected to the same amplifier, the one with the higher sensitivity will sound louder. The lower the sensitivity, the more powerful the amplifier must be to create the same volume of sound.
Material of diffusers. There are conflicting requirements for speaker diffusers – on the one hand, they must be rigid to provide instantaneous response to the slightest movement of the magnetic coil, and, at the same time, they must be elastic and dampen vibrations to prevent ringing. Manufacturers are constantly developing new materials, trying to achieve the perfect balance between stiffness and damping.
Paper (cellulose, pressed cellulose) – the oldest material of diffusers still remains a good solution due to high damping abilities and good rigidity. The disadvantages include low mechanical strength and susceptibility to atmospheric influences. To protect against the latter, some manufacturers cover the diffuser with polyester resins (for example, Acudamp), which eliminates the main disadvantages of cellulose, but such diffusers are more expensive than others.
Polypropylene (IMPP, PlusOne) is inexpensive, durable, has a good damping ability and is resistant to weather (which is important for automotive acoustics – especially those in doors). Unfortunately, the rigidity of polypropylene is low, especially when used in its pure form, which is often the case in inexpensive models – this affects the sound quality. Usually used for midrange and bass speakers of speakers.
Carbon, kevlar and composite fibers (polyethyrimide, aramid fiber, reinforced fiber, glass fiber, carbon fiber) have high rigidity, providing high sound quality, but the damping in them is low, the frequency response of such speakers may be uneven, have pronounced peaks and dips. Used for midrange and RF speakers.
Rubberized fabric perfectly dampens, but the stiffness is very weak. Used in low-frequency speakers. Silk diffusers are used in RF speakers-the lightness and rigidity of silk in them are particularly in demand.
For midrange and high-frequency speakers, the suspension material must have good damping and above-average stiffness. For this purpose, fabric and some plastics (polypropylene) are well suited. Rubber (rubber, butyl rubber) is more often used in the suspension of woofers aimed at good low-frequency transmission, for high and medium frequencies, this material is too soft.
Polyurethane foam (urethane, thermal polyurethane) has characteristics that make it suitable for use in mid – range and low-frequency speaker suspensions. One of the disadvantages is the low strength of simple inexpensive polyurethanes.
It should also be understood that the same material from different manufacturers may differ very much depending on the composition, impregnation, manufacturing technology. Therefore, it is not necessary to choose a speaker based on the material of the diffuser and suspension, and information about these materials is perceived as additional.