Top Rated Car Winches 2020 – QP Ratings & Buyer’s Guide12.02.2020
Car winches are a mandatory attribute of vehicles when driving off-road, because they allow drivers to overcome difficult places with a specific landscape. These are mainly mud and snow-covered passages, where there is a high probability, for example, to sit on the bottom. Initially, winches were manual mechanisms in the form of blocks and drums, driven manually by means of a gate. The brake at the bottom was a ratchet or clutch that prevented the cable from coming off in the opposite direction from twisting. Over time, the manual mechanical drive was replaced by an electric one, but the basic essence remained unchanged. Subsequently, the capacity grew, as well as the need for winches on all types of road transport, from ATVs to trucks and heavy tractors. Whether it is necessary to say that the market of winches at the moment is largely supersaturated both by manufacturers and their products. Unfortunately, only 20-30% of them are trustworthy, and everything else just prevents consumers from focusing on choosing a good product. Due to the current situation in the segment, we conducted our own independent market research, and under the supervision of experts selected the rating of the best car winches. The criteria for evaluating products in the rating were technical characteristics, in particular, efficiency and traction capabilities, as well as data received from users in the form of reviews and expert opinions.
Smittybilt 98612 XRC 12K GEN3 Winch COMP Series
- STRONGER - 7. 0 HP Motor is the highest rated HP in the industry
- FASTER - 12% Average line speed increase over the Gen2, adding more speed and power with less AMP draw at load
- EASIEST TO USE - Winching and spooling in dark conditions is a breeze with remote's built-in flashlight and tie bar light
- INNOVATIVE - New Load Indicator Warning System will always tell you how much your equipment can handle, plus many other new features
- 12, 000 GEN3 COMP series winch features a synthetic rope and aluminum hawse fairlead
Faster. Stronger. Easiest to Use. The all-new XRC Gen3 Winch by Smittybilt has been designed from the ground up with innovative, user-friendly features and improved power efficiency. The 7. 0 horsepower motor boasts an average line speed increase of 12% over its Gen2 predecessor, adding more speed and power with less AMP draw at load. The ergonomic remote controller has a Load Indicator Warning System, so you will always know how much your equipment can handle. Winching in dark conditions is also a breeze with the remote’s built-in flashlight and the new tie bar light. If additional light is needed, a 12-volt power post is located on the control box. Two magnets are built into the controller for easy placement on any metal surface, leaving it out of the way when not needed. A high-viz clutch lever features large lettering, allowing you to see whether your winch is engaged/free spooled at a glance. Stylish body armor can be detached or used to customize your winch to your vehicle. The XRC Gen3 winch is available with 9. 5k and 12k load-capacity options, and the COMP Series upgrade includes a synthetic rope and aluminum hawse fairlead. Buy with confidence – these winches are backed by a lifetime mechanical , a 5-year electrical , and Smittybilt’s legendary customer service.
Champion 11006 Truck/SUV Winch Kit
- Powerful – 10,000-lb. rated line pull powered by a 3.6-horsepower (12-volt) DC series wound motor
- Efficient – Line speed of 3.9 feet per minute with a full load, and 15.7 feet per minute with no load
- Convenient – Speed Mount 2-inch hitch adapter, included hand-held quick-connect remote control, 6-foot battery lead cables and roller fairlead create an easier than ever winching experience
- Hassle-Free – The roller fairlead creates a safe and smooth pull with the 85-foot super-duty aircraft cable, plus the included snatch block can aid in angled pulls and increase winching power
- Reliable – Champion Support includes 2-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
The Champion Power Equipment 11006 10,000-lb. Truck/SUV Winch Kit with a 3.6-horsepower (12-volt) DC series wound motor is designed for powerful and reliable winching with your truck or SUV. With a gear reduction ratio of 216:1, this winch boasts a line speed of 3.9 feet per minute with a full load, and 15.7 feet per minute with no load. The 85-foot by ⅜-inch galvanized, super-duty aircraft cable is less prone to fraying, even when used in highly abrasive terrain, such as in rocks, mud, or sand. This incredibly strong cable is guided onto the 2.5 by 8.8-inch drum through the reliable roller fairlead to maximize the life of the cable. The efficient three-stage planetary gear system, dynamic braking system and free spooling clutch along with the hand-held quick-connect remote control and 12-foot cable offer excellent control while winching. The included snatch block can be used to increase winching power or to aid in angled pulls. With a rated line pull of 10,000 pounds, this winch installs quickly with our Speed Mount 2-inch hitch adapter, which features convenient 3-position adjustable handles that also serve as side guards to protect your winch. The Speed Mount hitch adapter is designed for quick and easy mounting, transportation and storage. To ensure you’ll have everything you need to start winching, in addition to the Speed Mount hitch adapter, you’ll also receive a roller fairlead, a hand-held quick-connect remote control, a snatch block and 6-foot battery lead cables. Champion Support and our nationwide network of service centers will back up your purchase with a 2-year limited warranty and FREE lifetime technical support.
Fulton FW32000101 F2 Two-Speed Trailer Winch
- 3,200 pounds capacity, One-handed system shifts from high to low speed
- Dual gear drum operates smoothly
- One piece corrosion resistant aluminum frame and one piece corrosion resistant aluminum handle
- 4-position handle adjusts from 6 inch to 9 inch
- Includes strap guide, 20 foot heavy duty winch strap and all mounting hardware
WARN 103255 VR EVO 12-S Electric 12V DC Winch
- Standard duty winch with a synthetic rope and an 12, 000 lb. capacity; Ideal for 3/4 and 1-ton pickup trucks and all types of large frame rigs
- Powerful series-wound motor and planetary gear train deliver faster line speed under load, with lower amp draw
- High-performance Albright contactor delivers maximum reliability; Control packs can be relocated for low-profile installations
- Features IP68-rated waterproof construction, two-in-one remote with wired and wireless options, and one-piece cast-aluminum tie-plate
- Designed, engineered, and tested in the USA; Limited lifetime for mechanical parts and 7 years on electrical
The WARN ER EVO 12 Standard Duty Winch with a synthetic rope has an 12, 000 lb. capacity and has an idea weight capacity and line speed for 3/4 and 1-ton pickup trucks and all types of large frame rigs that require longer and heavier pulls. The high-performance Albright contactor delivers maximum reliability and is inside the control pack that can be relocated for low-profile installations. Included is a state-of-the-art, two-in-one remote with wired and wireless options for added ease of use and versatility. This winch features an IP68-rated waterproof construction that keeps the elements out, and a durable, one-piece cast-aluminum tie-plate for extra strength and durability. A powerful series-wound motor and planetary gear train deliver faster line speed under load, with lower amp draw. These winches are designed, engineered, and tested in the USA by WARN engineers and have a limited lifetime for mechanical parts and 7 years on the electrical. With its fast line-speed and lower amp draw, the VR EVO series of winches are the hardest-working standard-duty winches we’ve ever made, with tactical styling that looks great up front and at a price that won’t pull you out of your budget.
Mile Marker 76-50251BW Truck/SUV Element Sealed Electric Winch
- Fit Type: Universal Fit
The Mile Marker SEC12(es) premium truck/jeep/SUV winch stands up to the most aggressive off-road environments with its 12,000 lb. capacity, full element sealed design and waterproof, 500-amp solenoid. Part of the Mile Marker "PROJECT (es)" family of winches, the SEC12(es) is waterproof, mud proof & snow proof! Heavy Duty Series Wound Motors and rugged planetary gear sets are the backbone of this expedition grade winch series. Featuring 19 seals throughout the assembly to keep any and all contaminants outside of the unit. The totally redesigned exterior features NO CHROME construction: stainless hardware, black zinc clutch handles, and anodized aluminum tie bars. Each roller fairlead is now coated with Dacromet, a world-class metal coating known for its anti-corrosion properties. Mile Marker has also implemented a new submersible solenoid design with marine-grade connections at the Remote Control plug and socket. The SEC12(es) premium electric winch includes 92 feet of 3/8" aircraft cable. Mile Marker products have been trusted by off-road enthusiasts, power sport professionals and even by the United States military for almost 30 years.
Master Lock 2953AT Portable 12-Volt DC Electric Winch
- WINCH APPLICATION: Best used for car, trailer, truck, and boat winch
- EASE OF USE: 12-volt winch is portable and electric; Convenient built-in carrying cable
- DURABLE DESIGN: Electric winch is designed to withstand up to 2,000 pounds of pulling capacity; Galvanized steel cable and hook for additional safety
- CAPACITY 6,000 lbs. rolling; 5,000 lbs. marine; 2,000 lbs. pulling; Max boat weight: 5,000 lbs.; Max boat size: 18 ft.
- Support: For performance specifications, pulling capacity, installation, and more, see document titled "User Manual" located in the Technical Specifications section of this page.
The Master Lock No. 2953DAT features a portable 12-Volt DC electric winch designed to withstand up to 2,000 pounds of pulling capacity. The winch includes a galvanized steel cable and hook for additional safety. The winch is attached with the provided steel mounting plate.
RUGCEL WINCH LT4000ATV 12 VDC Winch 4000lbs/1814kg
- [Rugcel Winch Powerful]: 1.6hp 12v series wound motor, 4000 lbs rated capacity, three-stage planetary gear system with free spooling clutch for smooth and efficient operation
- [Steel Rope]: This outdoor winch comes with a rope of 50 ft long and 3/16 in. diameter. It is made of premium material, crush and abrasion resistant. You also can add oil to reduce friction and anti-rust to extend the life of rope
- [Hassle Free]: The roller fairlead creates a safe and smooth pull with the 50 ft steel cable. Cable hook stopper protects the winch motor and gears from pulling the cable in to far and bottoming out on the rollers
- [Complete Setup]: Included 2 wireless remotes, wired switch, 3/16*50ft wire rope, mounting plate, roller fairlead, hook with safety latch, cable hook stopper, which create an easier than ever winching experience
- [Reliable]: Designed against corrosion and moisture, this 4000 lb. winch also enjoys a 3-year warranty and lifetime technical support
The ProLink XTV allows UTV and ATV winch owners to replace the conventional winch hook with a safer and stronger shackle/D-Ring. Winchester hooks can cut and fray recovery straps and often allow strap ends to escape during typical loose/tight cycles of a winching recovery. Screw pin shackles do not allow strap loops to escape due to the secure screw pin attachment. The ProLink XTV does not require splicing and is compatible with steel cables or synthetic ropes up to 5/16 inches. The cable eye is retained in the ProLink XTV by a 7/16 inch diameter titanium double shear pin and internal snap ring. It is easily installed in minutes. The EPDM Rubber Guard protects alloy fairleads and is securely attached to the ProLink XTV with 4 barbed tips. The ProLink XTV stows neatly against either roller or Hawse type fairleads and is designed to be used with common standard ½ - 5/8 inch shackles. The ProLink XTV is constructed of 6000 series billet aluminum and 6Al-4V titanium and is anodized/powder coated. The ProLink has a max load rating of 6000 pounds and an ultimate failure of 22,000 pounds.
Rugged Ridge 15100.05 Nautic Winch (9500 LBS)
- IP67 Waterproof solenoid, motor, and gearbox
- Durable 6.6 HP series wound motor for long life and extra pulling power
- Tough 3-stage planetary gear box with 161.3:1 gear ratio delivering power and reliability
- Automatic load holding brake system (in-the-drum brake system)
- Includes 94 feet (28.5M) of 5/16" (8mm) diameter steel cable
The Nautic 9,500 lbs. Heavy Duty winch features a durable 5.5 HP series wound motor for long life and impressive pulling power with an innovative X-braced gearbox housing and motor cap for increased strength. Solenoid, motor and gearbox achieve an IP67 waterproof rating so you can count on consistent performance regardless of the conditions. The tough 3-stage planetary gear box features a 172.8:1 gear ratio, delivering power and reliability. Includes 94' of 21/64" diameter steel cable and a powder-coated latch hook. Automatic load holding brake system (in the drum) provides exceptional control. Our Nautic Heavy Duty Series winches feature an exclusive light mount roller-style fairlead which allows for mounting up to two off-road lights for added safety and convenience. Tough, stainless hardware is used on the body of the winch to resist rust. Each Nautic Series winch includes a durable 12' all-weather cable remote controller and sturdy solenoid box that can be mounted in multiple positions and angles to accommodate various bumper configurations.
TR Industrial Portable 4-Ton Dual Gear Power Puller
- This portable power puller gives you 4 tons (8,000 lbs) of maximum pulling power and weights less than 10 lbs. It is up to 30% lighter than comparable pullers without skimping on the power. A sturdy carry storage case is included. Easily store the power puller in your truck, trailer, workshop or garage. Ideal for off road vehicle recovery, loading heavy loads unto trailers, pulling fences, logs, rocks, and stumps
- Built to last all steel frame and gears. Premium steel construction keeps the power puller resistant to wear and tear. High quality galvanized finish gives it excellent protection against weather and elements
- Dual gear and dual locking pawl system distributes force evenly so you can enjoy easy and consistent pull. We use 1/4 in. aircraft-grade braided steel cable. Our 3/8 in. hooks are drop forged with safety latch and fits up to 1/2 in. chains
- 18 in. high-leverage handle. We also designed a comfort grip that covers more than half of the handle (10.5 in.). You have more space to comfortably apply force and pull the load more easily
- Hook to hook distance is 4 ft. 8 in. fully extended and 1 ft. 11 in. fully contracted. The maximum capacity is 4 tons (8,000 lbs) and a safe working load is 2 tons (4,000 lbs)
The TR Industrial Portable 4-Ton Dual Gear Power Puller is Ideal for off road vehicle recovery, loading heavy loads unto trailers, pulling fences, logs, rocks, and stumps. This portable power puller gives you 4 tons (8,000 lbs) of maximum pulling power and weights less than 10 lbs. It is up to 30% lighter than comparable pullers without skimping on the power. Built to last all steel frame and gears. Premium steel construction keeps the power puller resistant to wear and tear. High quality galvanized finish gives it excellent protection against weather and elements. Dual gear and dual locking pawl system distributes force evenly so you can enjoy easy and consistent pull. We use 1/4 in. aircraft-grade braided steel cable. Our 3/8 in. hooks are drop forged with safety latch. 18 in. high-leverage handle. We also designed a comfort grip that covers more than half of the handle (10.5 in.). You have more space to comfortably apply force and pull the load more easily. Hook to hook distance is 4 ft. 8 in. fully extended and 1 ft. 11 in. fully contracted. The maximum capacity is 4 tons (8,000 lbs) and a safe working load is 2 tons (4,000 lbs).
Rough Country PRO9500S Electric Winch
Rough Country's PRO Winch Systems offer professional recovery at an incredible price! Our high-powered, high-quality recovery solutions are IP67 Waterproof and sure to come in handy when the situation gets a little murky. Water, mud, dirt, and sand are no match for Rough Country's rugged new design. Featuring an IP67 Waterproof and dustproof rating, Rough Country's PRO Winch Systems are built to ward off the elements, providing reliable recovery every time to get you back home safely. Each unit features Series Wound motors which are extremely efficient at higher speeds and less prone to overheating compared to Permanent Magnet motors. Better still, Rough Country Recovery Systems utilize a 3-stage planetary gear train boasting a 265:1 gear ratio; allowing enormous torque in such a small housing. All Rough Country PRO winch systems include a replaceable Clevis hook for convenience.
Fulton 500620 XLT Powered Winch
- Corrosion resistant winch is designed for boats up to 20 feet with a maximum boat weight of 7,000 pounds
- Designed with 3-position guide so strap comes out straight
- Power in, power out and free spool; manual override using standard tools in case of power loss
- The rugged strap includes a 360 degree swiveling hook to prevent strap from twisting
- Easy to access light and winch control switches
Fulton XLT Powered Winches are loaded with premium features. Designed with 3-position guide so the strap comes out straight. The rugged strap includes a 360-degree swiveling hook to prevent strap from twisting. Powers in and powers out or free spool with manual override using standard tools in case of power loss. LED lights in back and bottom to help at dusk and dawn. This winch is easy to install; simply drop in bolts, apply lock ring, adjust bolts and tighten. Includes mounting hardware and backed by Fulton's 5 Year Limited Warranty. With more than 100 years of impeccable performance, the Fulton line of trailer jacks, winches, and couplers has become the industry standard for light and medium-duty trailering. Suited for all environments, Fulton performs best when the weather is at its worst. When innovative design is combined with quality and value, the result is a brand that is the obvious choice for recreational and marine applications everywhere.
Bulldog Winch 10039 Winch
- All in one design, Includes mounting plate with counter sunk Bolts for easy flat deck mounting.
- Fairlead mounts to plate above deck level.
- Includes spring Steel tension plate for wire rope for easy rope management and spooling.
- 90 feet of wire rope on a narrow drum
- 2-in-1 controller: wired controller with 20 ft. Lead also can be Switched to wireless mode with lead unplugged
Bulldog Winch is excited to introduce this brand new line of trailer winches tailored to the car hauler trailer customer needs! These winches feature: All-in-one design including the mounting plate for easy deck mounting. Low profile & compact design. Premium 450A sealed contactors for dependable service. 2-In-1 Controller: Wired Controller with 20 ft. lead also can be switched to Wireless Mode with lead unplugged. 3/8" x 90 ft. wire rope on narrower drum with rope tensioner for easy spooling and rope management. 6 hp. (4.5kW) Permanent Magnet Motor powers load in and out. Automatic load holding brake. Free spooling Clutch. 265:1 Gear Ratio. 13 x 6.1" Mounting bolt pattern. These are very unique trailer winch designs....only available from Bulldog Winch!
✅Winch: Best Car Winch (Buying Guide)
Car Winch: Our trained experts have spent days researching the best Winch in 2019 ✅1. Smittybilt 97495 XRC Winch: http://bit.ly/2DrLeNY * Find A Great Deal ...
Car Winches Buyer’s Guide
SUVs have increased cross-country capability, so they are often used where a normal passenger car will not pass. But sometimes the off-road turns out to be insurmountable for them, too. What should I do if the car is stuck in a ditch, mud, or sand? When its own traction is not enough, the winch comes to the rescue, of course, if it is installed. Therefore, all fans of off-road trips are recommended to purchase this useful device.
Purpose and device of car winches.
The winch is a drum with a winding cable that is attached to the bumper. The second end of the rope with a hook clings to something stationary, such as a tree, stump, or buried tire. Winding, the cable pulls the car to a flat surface.To prevent the cable from unwinding back, the winch is provided with a special brake. To increase traction, a gear is used, so even when the drum is rotated manually, a large force develops to help move the car.
Types of car winches.
Depending on the design of the drive winches for off-road vehicles are: manual, electric, mechanical, hydraulic. You need to focus on the most frequent situations that can happen to the car. Of course, a lot depends on its design, too.
It is also necessary to take into account the full weight of the car, and fully equipped, to purchase a winch powerful enough for this load. If it turns out to be weak,it will simply be useless in an extreme situation, since it will not be able to move the car. The pulling force of the winch should be 2.5 times the weight of the car, then it can easily cope with the task without having to unload things. Since it is not so easy to choose a winch for an SUV, let’s look at all these types in more detail.Each of these types has its own advantages and disadvantages, so the choice is ambiguous. You need to focus on the most frequent situations that can happen to the car. Of course, a lot depends on its design, too.
Hand car winches.
These are the simplest and cheapest devices. They are operated manually by rotating the handle or moving the lever. By design, they are the lever, the drum and the worm. Manual winches for off-road vehicles are not suitable for everyone, since the traction they develop is usually small. They can be used on light vehicles weighing up to 1-2 tons, and jeeps are much heavier. But there are also quite powerful structures, with a thrust of 4-5 tons.
Electric car winches.
Electric winches for off-road vehicles are much better suited, and they are the most popular. These devices are powered from the onboard power supply-from the battery. It is very simple to use them, and they are launched by pressing a button. Their cost is quite acceptable, and installation and connection does not cause problems. These car winches develop quite a large force and some models can pull a car weighing up to 6 tons. But you need to have a very good and capacious battery, as it is not always possible to start a car stuck in the mud for charging.
Mechanical car winches.
Unlike manual versions, mechanical winches for off-road vehicles are driven not by hand, but by an engine, using a special shaft that is connected if necessary. The choice of such a winch may be limited by the design of the machine – not all have the ability to connect an additional shaft. One of the advantages is quite a lot of power, which is enough to pull the car out of any trouble. But to do this, you need to start the engine, which is not always possible, and this is the main drawback of this design.
Hydraulic car winches.
In this type of device, the drum with the cable is driven by the hydraulic system. Usually they are connected to the power steering. The developed effort is quite sufficient and they work silently and smoothly, but have many disadvantages: the Cost is higher than other options due to the complexity of the design. The engine must be started. When turning the steering wheel, they may behave unstable, as the pressure from the power steering changes. Selecting a hydraulic winch for your SUV can be difficult, as you need to consider the connectivity options. Meanwhile, hydraulic winches have no special advantages over other designs.
Portable car winches.
The removable winch is installed only when necessary, and the rest of the time just lies in the trunk. It is attached to the towing lugs with a cable and connected to the battery, that is, these are electric models. They have special handles for carrying, as they are quite heavy. One of the advantages is the absence of questions from the police, since there is no winch on the bumper and no documents are required. Minus, and considerable-the need to mount it when the car has already got into a hole, puddle, dirt, etc. Sometimes this is simply impossible to do, and screwing this thing up by 30-50 kilograms while standing in the mud is also not very pleasant, especially alone.However, for some off-road enthusiasts, this may be the optimal choice. For example, for owners of light off-road vehicles that are not often on the road. Then, of course, it just doesn’t make sense to install a permanent winch. It is more convenient to buy a removable one and store it in the garage, and take it with you only on rare trips to nature.