Top Rated Car Fuses On The Market 2019 Reviews & QP RatingsLast updated: 14.02.2020
When a fuse box, relay or any other part of your vehicle stops working, you have to replace it as soon as you can. To do this, you want to know you have access to the right replacement parts, so IMCarExperts reviews best car fuses you need for every vehicle in your garage, which eliminates the stress of trying to find the right part, and makes your maintenance schedule a lot easier than it otherwise would be!
CrocSee 250 Pieces - Car Fuses Assortment Kit, Blade-type Automotive Fuses - Standard & Mini Size (2A/3A/5A/7.5A/10A/15A/ 20A/25A/30A/35A/40A), Replacement Fuses for Car/RV/Truck/Motorcycle/Boat
- The blade fuses are clearly marked with amperage and color coded for easy identification
- Available in amperage ratings of 2A to 40A (rated at 32 volts), you could always find one that fits your auto
- Includes both standard size & mini size; Perfect for Car/RV/Truck/Motorcycle/Boat
- Silver-plated terminals for corrosion resistance and enhanced conductivity
- Comes with a fuse puller, makes replacing the fuse easier and quicker
120 Pieces - EPAuto Assorted Car Truck Standard Blade Fuse Set (5/7.5/10 / 15/20 / 25/30 AMP)
- Easy Identification - Color Coded
- Seven most common fuses - 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 AMP
- Fuse Puler Included
- Fuse Dimension: 19.1L × 5.1W × 18.5H mm
- Blade Group: APR, ATC (Closed), ATO (open), ATS
220pcs - Car Blade Fuses Assortment Kit, Automotive Fuses - Standard & Mini (2A/ 3A/ 5A/ 7.5A/ 10A/ 15A/ 20A/ 25A/ 30A/ 35A), Car Boat Truck SUV Automotive Replacement Fuses by Riseuvo
- 【ALL SIZES YOU NEED】 Covers 20 commonly used blade fuses, 100pcs Standard: 2A /3A / 5A/ 7.5A/ 10A/ 15A/ 20A/ 25A/ 30A/ 35A (10PCS of each model ), 120pcs mini: 2A/ 3A/ 5A/ 7.5A/ 10A/ 15A/ 20A/ 25A/ 30A/ 35A (12PCS of each model ).
- 【EXCELLENT QUALITY】Riseuvo blade fuses made of premium materials, fast and precise fusing current to protect your car from excessive current.
- 【EASY INSTALLATION】Transparent appearance for quick inspection of fuse conditions, they can be easily identified by their color-coded plastic housings and the carved amp rating figures on the top.
- 【GREAT COMPATIBILITY】These assorted fuses are specifically designed for Car, Truck, SUV, ATV, UTV, Camper RV, Motorcycles, Fleet, Golf Car, Boat, snowmobiles, and most general DC applications etc,covering such components as radio, light, turn signals, etc.
- 【FUSE PULLER】 The fuses puller is included in the mini fuses box, help you easily replace the fuse, fuse puller is in the gird of 35 amp mini fuse.
JABINCO 35Pcs - Car Standard Blade Fuse Set, ATC Automotive Fuse,5/7.5/10/ 15/20/ 25/30 AMP Fuse
- 7 values blade fuse, 5 pcs for each: 5/ 7.5/ 10/ 15/ 20/ 25/ 30 AMP Fuse.1 Fuse Puller included.
- Blade Group: APR, ATC (Closed), ATO (open), ATS Easy to Identify with different color.
- In order to reduce environmental pollution, we only use mini paper box instead of plastic box to pack it.
242pcs Assorted Standard & Mini Auto Car Truck Blade Fuses Set- 2A 3A 5A 7.5A 10A 15A 20A 25A 30A 35A 40A-ATC/APR/ATO+ATM Mini Automotive Replacement Fuse Assortment Kit w/A Puller for Boat,RV,SUV
- These 32 Volt fast-acting replacement fuses protect your vehicles, farm machines and electrical device/ electrical gadgets from short circuit, overload etc. They can be easily identified by their color-coded plastic housings, and the carved amp rating figures on the top
- Covers 22 commonly used blade fuses, 110pcs Standard: 2A /3A / 5A/ 7.5A/ 10A/ 15A/ 20A/ 25A/ 30A/ 35A/ 40A (10PCS of each model ), 132pcs mini: 2A/ 3A/ 5A/ 7.5A/ 10A/ 15A/ 20A/ 25A/ 30A/ 35A/ 40A (12PCS of each model ).
- These assorted fuses are specifically designed for Cars, Trucks, SUVs, ATVs, UTVs, Camper RV, Motorcycles, Fleet, Golf Car, Boat, snowmobiles, and most general DC applications etc., covering such components as radio, light, turn signals, etc. This set comes with 132pcs small blade fuses and 110pcs standard blade fuses, all essential for every American household that owns more than one car.
- A diagram inside the storage box case corresponds to every compartment with labels so you know what size each fuse is and where to get it in the box
- The plug-in blade fuses are made from transparent PES with zinc alloy inserts and transparent housings for viewing the fuse link status and quick detection of a blown fuse
Nilight 120 pcs Standard Fuse Assortment kit – 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 AMP – Regular APR/ATO (Open)/ATC Blade Fuses for Cars, Trucks, Boats,Automotives,2 Years Warranty
- The blade fuses can protect your vehicles, cars and electrical device, electrical gadgets from short circuit, overload etc. They can be easily identified by their color-coded plastic housings, and the carved amp rating figures on the top.
- Covers 7 commonly used blade fuses, 5A, 7. 5A, 10A, 15A, 20A, 25A, 30A Blade Fuses commonly used for most auto cars, trucks, SUVS, boats etc. , Fuse puller included.
- These assorted fuses are specifically designed for Cars, Trucks, SUVs, ATVs, UTVs, Camper RV, Motorcycles, Fleet, Golf Car, Boat, snowmobiles, and most general DC applications etc. , covering such components as radio, light, turn signals, etc. essential for every American household that owns more than one car.
- EASY TO USE AND STORE: Color Coded for easy identificationes with a box with 8 compartments for easy storage, handy to have them organized in the case. blade fuses are made from transparent PES with zinc alloy inserts and transparent housings for viewing the fuse link status and quick detection of a blown fuse
- Package include: 120pcs standard blade fuse with a fuse puller
140 Pcs Car Mini Blade Fuse Assortment, 5A 7.5A 10A 15A 20A 25A 30A, Low Pfofile
- 7 values blade fuse, 20 pcs for each: 5/ 7.5/ 10/ 15/ 20/ 25/ 30 AMP Fuse.
- 2 Fuse Puller included.
- Fuse Dimension: 10.9L × 3.6W × 16.3H mm.
- Blade Group: APM, ATM.
- Easy to Identify with different color.
Winlyn Automotive Car Fuses Kit - 272pcs Auto Blade Fuse Assortment Set Standard & Mini & Low Profile Mini (5A/ 7.5A/ 10A/ 15A/ 20A/ 25A/ 30A/ 40A) Car Boat Truck SUV Automotive Replacement Fuses
- ▲ALL SIZES YOU NEED: Covers 24 commonly used blade fuses: 80pcs Standard: 5A/ 7.5A/ 10A/ 15A/ 20A/ 25A/ 30A/ 40A (10PCS of each model ), 96pcs mini: 5A/ 7.5A/ 10A/ 15A/ 20A/ 25A/ 30A/ 40A (12PCS of each model ), 96pcs Low Profile Mini: 5A/ 7.5A/ 10A/ 15A/ 20A/ 25A/ 30A/ 40A (12PCS of each model ).
- ▲EASILY ORGANIZED: Packed in a durable plastic case to protect the fuses and provide easy transport and organization; The fuses are (industry) color coded and the case includes a chart for quick identification and simple installation
- ▲GREAT COMPATIBILITY: These assorted fuses are specifically designed for Cars, Trucks, SUVs, ATVs, UTVs, Camper RV, Motorcycles, Fleet, Golf Car, Boat, snowmobiles, and most general DC applications etc., covering such components as radio, light, turn signals, etc. This set comes with Standard & Mini & Low Profile Mini blade fuses, all essential for every American household that owns more than one car.
- ▲EXCELLENT QUALITY: Winlyn blade fuses made of a high quality zinc alloy, with a transparent cover to protect your vehicles from short circuit and overload.
- ▲FUSE PULLER: The fuses puller is included in the fuses box, help you easily replace the fuse, fuse puller is in the gird of 35 amp low profile mini fuse.
Nilight 120 Pcs Standard Blade Fuse 5A/7.5A/10A/15A/20A/25A/30A AMP Assorted Set with 10 Pack 14AWG ATC/ATO Inline Fuse Holder, 2 Years Warranty
- [Standard Blade Fuse]: 0. 75*0. 74*0. 3 Inch. Fuse Type: Blade. Material: Zn alloy/Plastic. Protect your car and your electrical device from short circuit, overload etc.
- [10 Pack In-Line Fuse Holder]: Heavy duty 14 gauge (AWG) red color wire, great look and added protection to the circuit.
- [Safety Protection]: Unique design of dual slot tight-fitting waterproof lid to enhance moisture-proof and waterproof performance. It's no doubt that this is inline fuse holder extremely safe and reliable.
- [Suitable Fuses]: Fits for 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 7. 5A, 10A, 15A, 20A, 25A, 30A ATC/ATO blade fuse of 19. 1 × 18. 5 × 5. 1 mm
- [Package Include]: 10 x 14AWG ATC/ATO Inline Fuse Holder and 120 pcs standard blade fuse+Puller
How To Check Car Fuses-How To Tell If They're Blown
Automotive fuses are a class of fuses used to protect the wiring and electrical equipment for vehicles. They are generally rated for circuits no higher than 32 volts direct current, but some types are rated for 42-volt electrical systems. They are occasionally used in non-automotive electrical products.
Blade fuses (also called spade or plug-in fuses), with a plastic body and two prongs that fit into sockets, are mostly used in automobiles. Each fuse is printed with the rated current in amperes on the top. These types of fuses come in six different physical dimensions:
- LP-mini (APS), also known as low-profile mini.Unofficially, the “low-profile mini” fuse is sometimes incorrectly called “Micro” since the term means smaller than mini, but recently fuses using the Micro name have been released.
- Mini (APM / ATM). The mini fuses were developed in the 1990s.
- Regular (APR / ATC / ATO / ATS) blade-type fuses, also known as standard, were developed in 1976 as ATO by Littelfuse for low voltage use in motor vehicles. Bussmann makes the ATC that also complies with the same ISO 8820-3 and SAE J1284 standards. The “C” and “O” don’t refer to closed/open.
- Maxi (APX), heavy-duty.
Blade type fuses can be mounted in:
- Fuse blocks (made of porcelain, slate, or other refractory material). Fuseblocks offer a method of mounting several fuses together or large fuses separately.
- In-line fuse holders, with two standards: IEC-publication 257 1968 Amendment no. 2 to this publication dated January 1989 and UL-standard no. 512.They help to save space. An inline fuse is often seen in add-on electrical accessories, where the manufacturer doesn’t know the amperage limit of the circuit you are going to patch into. This offers sufficient protection for that individual accessory, without regard to any other devices that might share the same circuit.
- Dual slot fuse holders let you turn one fuse slot into two (in some way, similar to a power strip, but for fuses).
- Or fuse clips. Fuseclips can be inserted into a printed circuit board.
Bosch type fuses (also known as continental, torpedo, European, or GBC type fuses) are used in old (often European) automobiles. The physical dimension of this type of fuse is 6×25 mm with conical ends. Bosch type fuses usually use the same color-coding for the rated current. The DIN standard is 72581/1.
Lucas type fuses are used in old British-made or assembled automobiles. The physical length of the Lucas ceramic type of fuse is either 1 inch or 1.25 inch, with conical ends. Lucas Glass tube fuses have straight ends. Lucas type fuses usually use the same color-coding for the rated current. Lucas fuses have three ratings; the continuous current they are designed to carry, the instantaneous current at which they will fuse, and the continuous current at which they will also fuse. The figure found on Lucas fuses is the continuous fusing current which is twice the continuous ampere rating that the system should be using; this can be a source of confusion when replacing Lucas fuses with non Lucas fuses. The Lucas 1/4″ diameter glass tube fuse have a different length as compared to the standard US item. The Lucas 1/4″ diameter glass tube fuse is 1 and 5/32″ (~29.4 mm) long, while the US standard 1/4″ glass tube fuse is 1 and 1/4″ (~32.0 mm) long. However many Lucas fuse holders permit the longer U.S. version to be installed easily.
North-American built automobiles up to at least 1986 had electrical systems protected by cylindrical glass cartridge fuses rated 32 volts DC and current ratings from 4 amperes to 30 amperes. These are known as “SFE” fuses, as they were designed by the Society of Fuse Engineers to prevent the insertion of a grossly inadequate or unsafe fuse into the vehicle’s fuse panel. These SFE fuses all have a 1⁄4 inch diameter, and the length varies according to the rating of the fuse.
- A 4 amp SFE 4 fuse is 5⁄8 inch long (the same dimension as an AGA fuse of any rating),
- a 6 amp SFE 6 fuse is 3⁄4 inch long,
- a 7.5 amp SFE 7.5 fuse is 7⁄8 inch long (same as an AGW fuse of any rating),
- a 9 amp SFE 9 fuse is 7⁄8 inch long (same as an AGW fuse of any rating),
- a 14 amp SFE 14 fuse is 11⁄16 inch long,
- a 20 amp SFE 20 fuse is 11⁄4 inch long (same as an AGC fuse of any rating), and
- a 30 amp SFE 30 fuse is 17⁄16 inches long.
There are a number of lookalike fuses which can easily be confused with these. In general this type of fuse will have an “AG” label of some kind, which originally stood for “Automobile Glass” . There are at least seven different sizes of fuses with a 1/4 inch diameter. The fuses listed are the most common for the size, which is always a fast-acting fuse:
- 1AG size, type AGA, 1 amp to 30 amp, 1/4 inch (6.3mm) diameter by 5⁄8 inch (15.9mm) long
- 2AG size, type AGB, 0.177″ (4.5mm) diameter by 0.588″ (14.9mm) long (frequently replaced with 5mm diameter by 15mm long international size fuse (aka 5 x 15mm – now more readily available)
- 3AG size, type AGC, 0.125 amp to 50 amp, 1/4 inch diameter (6.3mm) by 11⁄4 inch (31.8mm) long
- 4AG size, type AGS, 9⁄32 inch (7.1mm) diameter by 11⁄4 inch (31.8mm) long
- 5AG size, type AGU, 1 amp to 60 amp, 13⁄32 inch (10.3mm) diameter by 11⁄2 inch (38.1mm) long. Also called “Midget fuses.”
- 7AG size, type AGW, 1 amp to 30 amp, 1/4 inch diameter (6.3mm) by 7⁄8 inch (22.2mm) long
- 8AG size, type AGX, 1 amp to 30 amp, 1/4 inch (6.3mm) diameter by 1 inch (25.4mm) long
- 9AG size, type AGY, 50 amp, 1/4 inch (6.3mm) diameter by 17⁄16 inch (36.5mm) long
- UK size, type UK, 35 amp to 50 amp, 1/4 inch (6.3mm) diameter by 11⁄4 inch (31.8mm) long
These and other fuses are still being manufactured for many applications, including for AC circuits and DC uses. Some are time delayed, slow reacting, or have leads for terminals used in circuits without a fuse holder. Many of the fuse dimensions and characteristics are published by the Society of Automotive Engineers as Standard SAE J 554.
Limiter fuses consist of a metal strip from a lock plate, for currents over 40 amperes. Frequently, these are used in close proximity to starter battery fuse boxes. They are used also in electric vehicles, e.g., in forklift trucks. Because strip fuses require the use of tools for replacement they are therefore legally considered non-serviceable components for end-users.